Secret Hideout

"Thank you!" Gwyn cheered as she was received a giant lollipop from the doctors. She was discharge the moment Cassian heard that the girls would take them to their destination. Of course, the doctors had to do a daily check up so as not to see if anything else was wrong with her. She wrapped her head in a bandage and said to change it every night before she goes to sleep.

Now, Cassian was helping the girls climb up on to his horse. The horse snort and shook his head a bit from being woken up so early. "Oh hush you." Cass said to Phillip as he and the diablos rode towards Devlon's hideout.

Along the way, Nesta gave him directions while Emerie held Gwyn tightly. She was sleeping, using Emerie's shoulder as a pillow. "Go through that gorge." Nesta commanded as Cass rode Phillip through the gorge. When they came out of it, Nesta yelled, "Stop!" Immediately, Cassian stopped Phillip. "Devlon has the ears of a bat. He'll know if you're coming beyond this point." Nesta said as Emerie nodded in clarification.

Cassian slid off his horse and tied him to a rock. "Alright, we continue on foot. Emerie, wake up Gwyn." he said as Emerie had already begun to lightly shaking her friend. Gwyn groaned and rubbed her eyes. "We're here already?" she asked as she slid off her horse along with Emerie and Nesta.

Nesta walked in front of Cassian as quietly as possible. "This way." she whispered as she, Emerie, and Gwyn, did the same. Cassian nodded and followed her as well. As they grew closer, it had begun to get lighter. The sun was shining directly above them, making Cassian cover his eyes. "Cassie!" Cass heard Gwyn call out as Cassian opened his eyes just in time to see that if he made one more step, he would've fallen to his death.

When Cassian recovered, he sighed in relief. "I'm fine. Let's go." he said. Cassian saw that the girls stopped in front of him. "What's going on?"

"Look." Gwyn said as Cassian looked in their direction. There was a weak bridge that could barely support Cassian's horse and on the other side, was a small sand hut. But it wasn't just a hut. It had some windows and a door all closed in on the sand itself. Cassian almost missed it.

"A secret hideout." Cassian whispered.

A chain sound made them all jump at the same time. It was coming from behind them. Upon that sound, came a tall Illryian, his wings as huge as Cassian's. His face was covered in scars and his outfit was torn up with rags and patches in them. He was wearing one of the fire rubies on his belt. Cassian knew exactly who he was. Devlon. "Oh no. He's here." Emerie said as she and the others hid behind Cassian. He couldn't blame them. He did look intimidating.

Devlon smirked at Cassian with an evil glare. "Hello there, idiot. I'm surprised you've found out where my hideout was. I hope it wasn't too much trouble." he said like the two of them were having a casual chat at lunch. Cassian played along and laughed along with him. "Well, I have to admit. You did hide it in plain sight. However, my cousin Morrigan would like her ruby back." Devlon's smirk faded from his face and turned into a glare. He only told 3 people about the ruby. And only 3 people know where his hideout was. Cassian didn't find it. He was led to it.

"DIABLOS!!!!!" Devlon screamed, as the girls covered their ears. "Where are you, you little demons! Show yourselves!" Devlon said as he took a closer look at his opponent. He could see that the girls were hiding behind him. "You! You brought him here didn't you!"

"Devlo-"

"You're going to pay for this you-!" Devlon was cut off by Cassian's sword. He held it high near Devlon's throat. "Say one more word, and I will slit your throat." he glared at him, his words booming the entire gorge around them. Devlon chuckled a humorless laugh. "This isn't between you Cass. Listen, how about we make a deal."

"I don't make deals."

"What if I give you the ruby, and in exchange, you lend me those worthless children." Cassian could feel Nesta and the others shivering behind him. "What're you going to do with them?" he asked as Devlon shrugged. "Who knows? I can always feed them to the kelpies." It took every fiber in Cassian's body not to kill him in front of the girls. "Either way why should it matter? You don't care about them. They're just thieves." he said as Cassian rolled his eyes. "And if I refuse?"

"Then I won't give you the ruby." he said it so calmly that Cassian almost believed him. Almost.

"So Cassian? What's it gonna be?"