xvi. trouble on pasaana

⋆☆.* ✧✰ .✦⋆*☆

THE SANDS OF PASAANA. A FLASH OF BLUE LIGHTNING. A VOICE. Nova groaned shortly after she fell to the ground, and as she opened her eyes she was surprised to see they were in some sort of tunnel. To say she was grateful was an understatement, but now they had to figure out how to get out. Her mind momentarily wandered back to the vision, which had been annoyingly vague. Was it the past or the future?

"Solo?" Poe called out, and her gaze shifted upward, landing upon the pilot who stood just a ways away.
"Nova?"

"Over here," she murmured, wincing as she tried to push herself up, for she had landed on her arm. He rushed to her side, crouching down.

"You okay?" he asked her gently, taking her other arm and helping her stand. Even after she was upright, though, he didn't let go, for their gazes had locked and he found himself rather distracted—as did she.

"Yeah, I'm fine. You all right?"

"Yeah." They stood like that a moment longer, though they quickly pulled away from each other as Finn stood as spoke.

"We're fine too," he muttered, brushing himself off, Rey doing the same thing just behind him. Chewie rounded a corner with C-3PO. The Wookiee roared to them, asking if they were all okay.

"Other than being covered in sand, yeah, Chewie, just peachy," said Nova, suddenly quite aware of how much sand littered her clothes, face, and hair.

"What is this place?" asked Finn, bringing their attention to the tunnels they found themselves trapped in.

"This isn't the afterlife, is it? Are droids allowed in here?"

"We're still alive, Threepio," Nova told him gently.

"I thought we were goners," sighed Poe.

"We may still be."

"Relax, we'll find a way out of here," the Jedi Knight told not just the droid but the others as well.

"Right," said Finn with an air of forced determination.
"Which way out?" Nova hesitated.

"Well I haven't quite figured that out yet." The tunnels were silent for a moment as they looked around, then finally:

"So, what was it?" Rey asked Finn.

"What?"

"What we're you going to tell us?"

"When?"

"You were going to tell us all something right before we sank," Nova added over her shoulder as she continued to look for an exit, and had it not been for the darkness that surrounded them, they all would have seen color rise to his cheeks.

"I'll tell you later," he dismissed, but they weren't letting it go that easily.

"We're gonna die in sand burrows and we're all keeping secrets?" Poe countered, and the general gave him a look.

"Nice," she said sarcastically, and he gave her a weak shrug.

"I'll tell you when you tell us about all that shifty stuff you do," Finn retorted, and Poe promptly decided to change the subject, much to Nova's amusement.