xx. planning for exegol

⋆☆.* ✧✰ .✦⋆*☆

"I GOTTA TALK TO YOU GUYS ABOUT SOMETHING," Nova and Finn said in perfect unison. They had both intended on speaking with the other two, and as it just so happened their timing was perfect. Poe looked between the two of them, the faintest of smirks dancing across his lips.

"You guys time that or something?" he quipped. He and Finn both looked to Nova, signaling for her to go first.

"I was thinking, and there's no way in hell I'm doing this whole command thing without you guys." Their eyes widened.

"Wait, you serious?" asked Poe.

"I mean if you don't want it—" He was quick to silence her teasing.

"Woah, hey, I didn't say that." Finn looked to both of them, addressing them in turn.

"General, General."

"General, General," Poe repeated, addressing each of his friends.

"Generals," Nova finished, addressing them both at the same time. They took a second to appreciate the moment, then Finn remembered his piece of news. He gestured down to D-O, who was hidden beside him.

"This droid has a ton of information about Exegol." Poe's brows furrowed together as he glanced at the droid before looking back to Finn.

"Wait, what? Cone face?"

"I am D-O," said the droid in a way that brought a smile to Nova's face once again. Poe gave the droid another look.

"Sorry. D-O."

"He was going to Exegol with Ochi of Bestoon."

"Why was Ochi going there?" asked Poe, and Nova answered before Finn had the chance.

"He was tasked with bringing a little girl from Jakku, a girl we know quite well. Luke suspected Kallen wanted to make her his Vader."

"He wanted her alive," Finn added, a glimmer of hope in his words. If Rey did happen to go on some suicide mission, at least she wouldn't be killed straight away. Silence surrounded them for a moment as Finn and Poe looked to Nova for guidance, but her head was elsewhere.

"Nova, you with us?" Poe asked, drawing her gaze back to the two of them.

"Kallen's been planning this for years. We've known about his plans for two days. We have a shot, yeah, but how do you know I won't be leading you into a massacre?" The pair considered it for a moment, then Finn spoke.

"Because you're Nova frickin' Solo," he said as if it were obvious.
"If anyone can win this, it's you."

"And we go where you go," Poe chimed in, and despite it all Nova found herself smiling.

The group made a beeline for the command center, where Rose quickly plugged D-O into their system. From there, it wasn't difficult to find all of the information he held. For a little droid, he contained a great deal of data, more than any of them had ever expected. Poe, Finn, and Nova all crowded around the screens with her, their hearts racing in their chests as they hoped for the best and prepared for the worst. Their eyes lit up as data flowed onto the screen.