two

Neil...Neil" Abhimanyu with a box wrapped in a gift paper in his hands walked all over the living area.

"Maa...Neil kaha hai?"

"Kya ho gaya Abhi..usse kyu dhund raha hai aise?" Manjiri hold him stopping him from moving and asked when Neil catched his eyes as he entered inside from the gate.

"Neil...kab se bula raha hu. Sunai nahi deta kya?" Leaving his mother, Abhi walked over to him.

"Aap hi ka kaam kar rha tha bhai." Neil pulled out a watch box from his pockets and forwarded it to Abhimanyu's side. "The watch's been repaired and is working fit and fine."

"Really!! You know you are the best brother." After inspecting the watch for a while, Abhi hugged Neil tightly, grinning like an idiot.

"I know that. Batao kyu bula rahe the?" Breaking the hug, Neil pulled out himself from Abhi's grasp.

"Yes that. Woh I was thinking..."

"What? Say.." Neil encouraged him to continue when he took a little more than required time to complete his sentence.

"Ki Akshu se mai nahi mil sakta par..."

"Parr?" Neil widened his eyes when he interpreted what his brother was trying to insinuate. "No bhai...mai nahi jaane wala waha. A clear no from my side." Neil instantly backed off, taking a few steps back.

"You're saying NO to your brother? Neil?" Very cleverly, Abhimanyu faked hurt, as this was the easiest way to pursuade his brother for any of his work.

"Bhai ye emotional drama mat karo." But Neil supplied him with a bored look. "Aur waise bhi kuch hi dino ki toh baat hai..phone pe toh waise bhi aap dono chipke hi rehte ho.."

"Tu jaa raha hai ya nahi?" This time Abhimanyu warned him and he agreed. No choice. Sad.

"Fine..kisi ne Chamgadar toh kisi ne kabootar bana ke rakh diya hai..bolo kya karna hai?" Neil wailed dramatically before moving and sitting onto a couch with no other option left.

"Ye gift dena hai..." Abhimanyu passed the gift box to him, supplying himself with a seat next to him.

"Kise? Manish uncle ko?"

"Nahi..teri Aarohi ko." Abhimanyu joked but all the colours from Neil's face disappeared within a second.

"K-kya?" He stuttered himself not knowing the reason for his brother for using such a sentence for him.

"Kya kya...Akshu ko hi dega na. Chal ab nikal."

"Jaa raha hu yaar. Koi izzat hi nahi hai." Neil huffed in relief and marched towards the gate, leaving that moment only as Kabootar for his bhai taking the chitthi (gift) for his bhabhi.

Only this kabootar a.k.a Chamgadar didn't know his Chipkali would also be there for herself.

.....

"Neil." Akshara grinned on seeing him and asked him to come inside.

"Hii Akshara...oh sorry Akshara bhabhi.." Biting his tongue, he corrected himself instantly.

"It's ok. I don't mind Akshara."

"But bhai do mind. Isliye bhabhi is good for my health." Neil raised his hands in surrender while Akshara smiled widely at his insinuation.

"Sit na."

"Haldi ki preparations ho gayi?" Taking the glass of water that Akshara offered him, Neil acquired a seat on a nearby sofa.

"Kaha abhi.. there's still so much to do." Akshara scrunched her nose as she recalled what all is still left.