eight

Mehandi hai rachne waali
Haathon mein gehri laali
Kahein sakhiyaan ab kaliyan
Haathon mein khilne waali hain
Tere mann ko, jeevan ko
Nayi kushiyaan milne waali hain...

Standing a little away from the crowd, she let her eyes ground on the center of attraction of the day. Not actually 'of the day', she's always been the focal point of her family, the inseparable part- Akshara Goenka!
Not that anybody says that, but it has been this way only since forever, she guess.

Whenever those unwanted thoughts hover over her mind, only she knows how does she manage to control them. She's her sister after all and she's supposed to love her and not feel insecure of her. But how does one keep this sand in a fist? It is supposed to eventually fall off, right? The more tightly you try to hold it, the faster it looses.

Aarohi let her gaze linger on the smile she carried, the shine in her eyes same as stars twinkling in a dark night, the beauty unmatched and unique, the hair flowing with the pace of soft wind and her aura creating a bubble of affection around her, making each soul placed under a spell. She was the definition of perfection. And her?

She restrained the bitter grim crept on her face somehow. Insecure, self centered, selfish, and what not, she'd been tired of these words defining her, have had taken them enough of times. Truly she was not this, she believed it, and she doesn't give a damn if someone accept this matter of fact or not. She'd faced enough of rufusals and every time she'd her head up, taking in all but still managing to face head on every dismissal.

"Aaru" Her trance was broken by the very same person, as she grinned, enthusiastically, savouring every bit of love and care being showered on her. "Aaja..tu bhi mehendi lagwa." She called her from her place while Aarohi returned a genuine smile and blinked her eyes to her offering. Deep down she herself knew, there's only love, so much of love in her heart for her sister.

The smile faltered on its way, reinstating with an unknown feeling as her gaze met with the cold eyes staring right back at her, from just beside where Akshara had been sitting. Not a hard guess to make- Abhimanyu Birla.

Well, the equation between these two, the chances are very rare for two to be balanced. There's this strong force of repulsion between these two that can only be weakened when two are distanced from one another. The more nearer are they, the more bitter feelings find their way out.

They both are somewhat alike, passionate for what they fight, composed, possessive for what they own, same interests of fields, career, protective for what they retain, calm but fire whenever needed and as the saying goes, like charges repel each other, so do they. The force is repulsive between two charges if the product is positive and like charges do give positive results. The constant, K factor is prerequisite for in the literal definition of force and so does in this fictional anecdote.
This K factor's companionship only would make them balance and give them a right direction. The K factor in this framework should be someone really exceptional. Who might be their constant?

"Neil!"

The intense eye gaze seem to be disturbed by a charming, captivating sound and a familiar face, grinning that comes to stand just in between, making it difficult for the sweet Jija-Saali having their adorable moment.
"Bhai and meri pyaari bhabi, your devar is finally here!"

"Hmm Mr. Devar, kya mai jaan sakti hu kaha the aap abhi tak and why so late?" Squinting her eyes, Akshara probed.

"Pehle ye bata, bhai ke aage pyaare kyu ni lagaya? Bhabi pe zyada pyaar ni aa rha tujhe?" Pulling a sullen face, Abhimanyu quirked.

"See Neil! Maine tumhare bhaiya ka naam kitna apt rakha hai na? Jalkukdu!" Grinning winsomely, Akshara shoulder-butted Abhimanyu who sulked even further on his place.