nine

Her fast moving steps gradually come to a halt as her eyes took over the silhouette of someone certain as it slowly paved its way through the darkness to lighted, brightened vicinity. Her lips curved upwards on their own as the face became clearer to her eyes and her direction seemed to take her to this certain someone.

"Sir?" As she called, he turned in an instant with a cute smile etched to his features, as if he was only waiting for this girl to show up. "I thought you'd turned down the invitation. So, what changed your mind?"

"Umm, yeah I'd did that but just so you know, I think, gatherings like these can turn out good for my well being".His hand moved to his stubble, rubbing onto it. "But what would it take for you to stop adressing me like that Ms. Intern Aarohi?"

"The exact day you'd cease to refer me as Ms. Intern Aarohi." With a sheepish smile gracing her features, she answered. "Only Aarohi would do, you know?"

"That goes both ways." Shrugging it off, he rubbed his hands together and let his eyes skim over this beauty standing just a few inches away from him. She definitely seems to take his breaths away.

Beautiful! His heart raced.

"You look gorgeous by the way! You always do but this time it is-"

"Just give me a minute Rishabh sir. I'll get back to you."
Before another word could escape his mouth, Aarohi sprinted out as her eyes caught the sight of what they have been probing for. He shifted on his feet to discern what made her leave abruptly that too in the middle of the conversation. The man in his early thirties let his hands drown in the profound patches of his neat and crisp navy-blue suit, perfectly combined with coarse, black leathered shoes complimenting his six-two, well built, muscular structure. Making head turns on his way, sighing, when Aarohi disappeared from his sight, he headed inside.

"Akshu? Am I the only one who can see this guy heading this way?"
Abhimanyu asked as this man entered into his sight.

"No you're not, he's coming in real. Who's he btw?"

"Shaadi Mubarak ho surgeon sahab!" He held out his hand, which Abhimanyu grasped in a tight grip before he pulled him into a hug.

"Kameene! Tu to nahi aane wala the?"

"Abe teri barbaadi kaise miss karta. Nahi?"

Taking a nervous glance at Akshara who had her eyes and ears fixed on them, Abhimanyu let his first connect to the stomach of this person.
"Oww!"

"Stop being a drama!" Shaking his head, the duo chuckled.

"Get off my way man. Let me see who's the girl that has the control to the heart of this cardiologist." Akshara gave him a sly smile as he moved towards her.
"Akshara right? Have heard a lot about you."

"Oh is that? And you-"

"Rishabh Prajapati.--"

"--The senior most neurologist of the Birla Hospital, jo sabka dimaag thikane pe rakhta hai." Abhimanyu answered on his behalf, throwing his hand over his shoulder.
"Hospital me bhi aur bahar bhi!" He winked making Rishabh laugh out aloud.

"Rishabh Prajapati.." Akshara slowly pronounced when she recalled something. "Ohh so you are the one under whom Aaru works! Am I right?"

"Yes and let me tell you a secret. She's brilliant at what she does. She'll definitely make an amazing neurologist."

                                          ✧✧

"Neil!" Lifting her seaweed green, sparkle clad dress cautiously and getting along with the tie up stilletos that she'd wore, she sprinted towards him, the latter being static at his place, without battling an eyelash, off track with the way her loose curls descended down her shoulders and her kohl smitted eyes stared back at him making her look flawless when a small smiled tugged at her lipstick smudged lips.

Acquiring a place two steps down from where he stood on a staircase, she raised her eyebrows when his gaze lingered on her for a while.

"What?" She quirked as Neil leaned onto her making her lean back in return as he calmly pretended to sniff her.

"Din me hi chadha li?"
Her kohl smitten eyes glared back at him making him omit his previous statement. "You just called me Neil no! Am not used to it. So I --"

"Hey hey! Sambhal ke. Chipkali? Kya kar Rahi ho? Girna hai kya?" His hand clutched hers palm in a tight grip when she attempted to step up to come to his level but missed the staircase and was about to fell down.

A slow sheepish smile tugged on her lips as she recalled what has just happened in the last 15 seconds. "Hello! Madam! What's up? What's this wicked smile for?"

"Mission Accomplished!" Her grin widened with every blink of her eyes.

"Mission? What mission? What's going on in this little head of yours?"
Letting their hands stick together still, he inquired.

"Tum batao." Lifting her free hand, she let it wrap around his palm, clasping it between both of her hands, compressing them with her signature smile. "Meri itni aadat ho gayi tumhe ki mera naam apne haatho pe likhwakar ghum rahe ho!"

"Wha--? No way!" Confusion cladded over his mind when eventually the turn of events finally made sense. "Did you just? Chipkali haath chhodo!"

This girl can never loose as she put all that she has, risking everything she owns because se always want to be the best of her own.
As for say, the instant henna that voiced her name, a while before was encarved on her hand and now was overlayed on his palm, much to his reluctance.

"Aarohi Goenka never loses. Apne dimaag aur dil me ye baat daal lo Mr. Neil Chamgadar Birla!" Removing her hands from the grasp, she tugged her finger at the respective places rendering him breathless.
"I hope now you won't have any issues in remembering my name!"
With that, she turned on her heels and descended down the staircase.

"The game is on Chipkali. Let's see where it takes us." He stated from behind as his eyes took in the words that reflected on his palm.
'Dr. Aarohi Goenka. The best of all.'

"Am up for it. Wherever it does but ensure to keep no regrets for the end."

"No regrets in the end!"

_________________________

So people how you all are doing?
Still breathing after the blow from yesterday's episode?

I was literally smiling throughout the time I watched them blessing my screen with the scenes I've been imagining them for so long to portray.

I've no count of the number of times I rewatched this episode.

Our manifestation worked at last. We got lucky people. Do tell me how you'll are feeling!!