Because I Love You.

Summary: I got this idea from Instagram ( @ginnwxley) and I love it so here's my version.

Harry and Ginny dated in Harry's 6th year but neither one was ever brave enough to make the grand confession. That is until emotions run high in the weeks after the war.

***

Harry ran a shaky hand through his messy, black hair and sighed. On the other side of the room, a fiery, red-headed, beautiful young witch by the name of Ginny Weasley dropped her head into her hands and released a shaky breath. This beautiful woman, who had captured Harry's heart, who could brighten his day with the smallest of smiles, could now hardly look at him. 

He could hear the shouts of Molly Weasley, Ginny's mother, from the garden below. He knew he didn't have much time before someone would come looking for them. Time alone was something very hard to come by in the Burrow. Aside from the fact that Mrs Weasley refused to even entertain the idea of leaving Harry and Ginny alone, there were just far too many people in the house to find a nice quiet area that they could talk alone. 

Harry turned to Ginny, taking a deep breath to control his racing heart and his budding temper. Slowly, he moved closer to her. She sat on her bed, her head still buried in her hands. Harry dropped to his knees in front of her. Ginny looked up at him, her eyes glistening with unshed tears. She wouldn't let them fall though, Harry knew. Ginny was the most stubborn person Harry knew, perhaps besides himself. Ginny wasn't a weepy person. In fact, in the seven years Harry had known her, he could count on one hand the amount of times he'd seen her cry. 

He took her hand, letting his thumb gently caress the soft skin of her knuckles. do' 

"Why are we fighting, Gin?" Harry said softly. "Why are we always fighting?" 

"I don't know." Ginny whispered with a shake of her head. Her long red hair swirled around her shoulders at the movement. 

Harry gripped her hands tighter and stood up, pulling her to her feet so she was standing in front of him. 

"Well let's stop then." Harry said, looking straight into her eyes. 

"I'm sorry, Harry." Ginny sighed. "I shouldn't have yelled at you like that." 

"It's fine, I yelled too." Harry said. 

"It's just since Fred.." Ginny paused. She swallowed around the invisible lump in her throat and Harry could see her fighting even harder to keep the tears at bay. 

"I know." Harry nodded. 

And he did. He knew she was struggling with the death of her brother. They all were. But Ginny and George seemed to be affected differently to the others. It was no secret that Ginny shared a bond with the twins that no other Weasley did. Out of the seven siblings, Ginny confided in Fred and George the most. They were the ones to cheer her up when she was sad. They were the ones to support her wacky ideas and cheer her on the loudest. While they grew up, Ginny became the third to their dynamic duo. Ginny didn't need to tell Harry, he already understood. 

"We should go downstairs before someone comes up here looking for us." Ginny said, wiping at her eyes. 

Harry nodded his head and pressed a kiss to her forehead before leading her out the room and down the stairs. When they reached the kitchen, they found Ron, Bill, George and Charlie sitting at the table. 

"Where's everyone else?" Ginny asked. 

"Outside." Bill answered quietly. 

It was something Harry wasn't used to. The Burrow wasn't supposed to be quiet and empty. It was supposed to be loud, chaotic and bustling. But now, it seemed like the absence of Fred meant the absence of life in general around the creaky, old house. Mrs Weasley would continue to shout around the house, calling out to her husband and children. But there was something different about her voice. Her missing child created a crack of sorts in her once strong voice.