Playing With Fire. Pt 1

Summary - Harry is dating Cho Chang. Ginny is dating Michael Corner. One day Ginny stumbles upon a shocking surprise and takes matters into her own hands. Will Harry understand and more importantly, will he believe Ginny?

****

If there was one thing Ronald Weasley was not, it was patient. He'd grown up with five older brothers and a younger sister, yet patience was not something that came naturally to Ron. It was more apparent than ever that Ron wasn't a patient person as he waited to his best friend, Harry Potter to finish saying goodbye to his girlfriend. Harry had been dating a Ravenclaw girl by the name of Cho Chang for six weeks and while Ron was happy for him, he couldn't say he enjoyed standing around waiting for Harry to finish one of his make out sessions.

To make matters worse, Ron also had to deal with watching his younger sister, Ginny, walk around holding hands and making out with her new boyfriend, Michael.

Ron glanced down at his watch and sighed. As he looked up he spotted none other than Hermione Granger, Ron and Harry's other best friend, walking towards them.

"Oh thank god!" Said Ron. "Finally, someone who isn't attached to another person!"

Hermione raised a questioning brow at Ron. Ron simply nodded his head in Harry's direction and that was all the explanation Hermione needed.

"He's happy Ron. Leave him be." Hermione tutted at him.

"And I'm happy for him, but I've got places to be, like Potions with Snape!" Ron added the last part loud enough for Harry to hear.

Hearing Ron's exclamation, Harry hastily said goodbye to Cho and hurried over to his friends.

"Harry, fancy seeing you here!" Ron rolled his eyes as they headed for the dungeons.

"Yeah, yeah! I'm here now." Harry shook his head.

The three of them joined the queue outside Snape's classroom, waiting with low spirits for the next hour of misery.

*

Ginny Weasley hurried to the Gryffindor table in the Great Hall. She hoped that she would be fortunate enough to slip in unnoticed before the Halloween feast started. As she dropped into a seat on Ron's right, between him and Hermione, she ignored the curious looks and stares from the surrounding students. Ginny Weasley had never been late to anything. What was so important that she'd risk missing the feast?

"Where have you been?" Ron whispered as Dumbledore stood at his podium, talking cheerfully.

Ginny glanced around at the expectant faces of Hermione, Harry, Neville, Fred and George.

"No where, just lost track of time." Ginny shook her head. "What have I missed?"

"Dunno, haven't really been listening." Ron shrugged.

Finally Dumbledore finished talking and the table filled to the brim with delicious looking food. Ginny took one look at the food and suddenly didn't feel hungry anymore. Beside her, Ron was piling food onto his plate eagerly. Ginny felt a nudge to her right elbow and looked over at Hermione.

"Are you okay? You look.. I don't know, off?" Hermione said quietly.

"I'm fine, just not hungry." Ginny smiled.

"How come you're not sitting with Michael?" Fred asked from across the table.

This caught the attention of Ron, George, Hermione and to Ginny's surprise, Harry.