I Loved Her First. Pt 2.

(photo cover from blvnk-art on tumblr)

"Just remember." Harry whispered. "I loved you first."

And with that, he was gone, leaving Ginny alone and confused.

****

Ginny's head was swimming as she made her way back inside. Her lips were still tingling from the heated kiss Harry had left her with. The last thing she wanted was to hurt Ben, especially after he'd been so kind to her. Ben had been there to comfort Ginny when she was left heartbroken. But she also knew, without a doubt, Harry was the one to hold her heart. It would always be Harry.

Ben found her as soon as she entered the living room. But Ginny's mind was too occupied to listen to a word he said.

"Ginny?" Ben waved a hand in front of her face.

"Huh? What?" Ginny snapped out of her reverie and looked up at him.

"Are you sure you're okay? You look flustered?" Ben eyed her suspiciously.

"No, no I'm fine." Ginny said quickly.

As if she couldn't escape him, her brown eyes connected with emerald green ones. Ginny didn't look away, she couldn't. She was frozen by his piercing gaze. It almost felt like he was hunting, and she was his prey. The intense way his eyes pinned her to the very spot she stood, caused Ginny to feel suddenly very hot. Without realising, she bit down on her bottom lip. It wasn't until she saw his jaw turn rigid that she realised what she had done. Harry had always loved the way she bit her lip.

Suddenly, Ben's arm wrapped around her waist. Usually Ginny wouldn't have minded, but now, after seeing Harry, being so close to him, kissing him, it felt wrong. It wasn't the right arm. It wasn't Ben's arm she wanted embracing her. It was Harry's.

"Let's play a game!" George called out.

"Excellent idea Georgie!" Fred grinned.

Ginny had a feeling she wasn't going to enjoy this little game.

"What did you have in mind?" Bill asked cautiously, his eyebrow raised.

"How about we team up for a little competition?" Fred smirked, his usual mischievous glint in his eyes.

"But we pick the teams!" George finished.

Nope, Ginny was definitely not going to enjoy this.

By the time everyone had decided who wanted to play and who didn't, Ginny was a nervous wreck. Originally she wanted to sit aside and watch the games, but her brothers had teased her and she knew she wouldn't ever live it down if she didn't take part. So, proving herself, she stood in a crowd, joined by Ron, Hermione, Ben, Dean, Seamus, Luna, Bill, Fleur, Angelina and Neville

"Okay, time for the teams!" George grinned. Shaking a bowl filled with wands.

"First up, Dean and Seamus." Fred smirked, picking out two wands.

"Second, Bill and Angelina." George picked out two more.

Next up was Ben and Luna, then Neville and Fleur, followed by Ron and Hermione. Ginny felt herself blush as she looked at the last two wands in the bowl.

"And finally, little Gin Gin and the boy who lived!" George cheered.

Ginny stood beside Harry, waiting for their first challenge. She could feel his eyes flicker to her occasionally and willed her cheeks to stay their normal pale tone.

"Your first challenge, is this." Fred exclaimed as he uncovered five small boxes with padlocks on.

"All you must do, is find the key that goes to your box." George continued.