Love Will Find A Way Pt 3.

Much to Harry's disappointment and frustration, it appeared to be harder to find Lily than he'd originally thought. Whether it was because he overestimated his skills or more to do with the fact that Lily knew how Harry worked, she remained evasive. And Harry remained helpless. Add to the fact that Ginny could barely look him in the eye, Harry was close to a breakdown. He hadn't felt this guilty since his friends went to war for him. Lily and Scorpius had remained hidden for thirty seven days, and each day that passed made Harry feel more sick with worry. 

Draco Malfoy and his wife, Astoria had also joined the hunt. After the rather tense conversation between the four of them in McGonagall's office, Draco and Astoria agreed to work with Harry and Ginny in order to find their children. It wasn't easy for Harry at all, but right now his fear of his wife and his daughters safety trumped his hatred for Malfoy. The two wizards met face to face a little as physically possible, opting instead to communicate via owl. Of course, this was incredibly time consuming, but despite Ginny's frustrations, Harry couldn't bring himself to do more than that without placing the blame of his daughter's disappearance on Malfoy. 

"Harry, Draco and Astoria are here." Ginny's voice called up the stairs. 

Harry stood from the end of the bed and braced himself. If the Malfoy's had turned up at the house, it could only mean one thing. They had news. So Harry forced himself down the stairs to find Draco and Astoria still standing on the doormat. Ginny stood about two metres away, watching Harry descend the stairs. 

"Malfoy." Harry said curtly. "To what do I owe the pleasure?" 

He reached the bottom step and stood beside his wife. Ginny elbowed him in the ribs, discreetly telling him to behave himself. 

"There's been word of sightings of our children in a village about fifteen miles from here." Draco said, not bothering with pleasantries. 

"Has anyone identified them properly, or is this just another of your 'that looks like them' kind of sightings?" Harry raised a brow. 

Draco's eyes narrowed and he took a harsh step forward. Harry's spine straightened, but Astoria placed a hand on Draco's arm to stop him. 

"Harry, we understand the mistake we made last time, and I can only apologise for that." Astoria said. Harry could hear the sincerity in her tone. 

"Please, Astoria, we don't blame you for that. This is a stressful time for all of us, anyone could have made that mistake." Ginny said, her tone matching Astoria's. 

"I didn't." Harry scoffed quietly. Not quietly enough though, as Ginny turned her fierce glare on him instantly. Harry's eyes widened a fraction. "What? I didn't!" 

"That doesn't make you any better, Harry." Ginny shook her head firmly. "He tried, give him some credit." 

Draco grunted, adjusting his robes. "Thank you... Ginny." The words slipped from his mouth like he'd swallowed a pile of vomit. His face scrunched up like the expression was painful to say. 

Once again, Harry's eyes narrowed at Draco. If he was sure it wouldn't land him in even more trouble, Harry would have defended his wife. But, he knew better right now. If Ginny was bothered by it, she didn't show it. 

"May I make a suggestion?" Astoria asked. 

"Of course." Ginny nodded politely. 

"Perhaps Ginny and I should go and check it out." Astoria said. "I've been thinking lately, maybe Scorpius and Lily will be more inclined to listen to us without you two being there." 

"Excuse me?" Draco turned to his wife. 

"What's that supposed to mean?" Harry barked. 

"She means, the reason they ran away in the first place is because you two idiots drove them away!" Ginny said hotly. "Personally, I agree with her."