Love Will Find A Way. Pt 2.

Lily's heart had never felt as heavy as it did right now. Since the news about her relationship with Scorpius had hit the papers, they no longer had to sneak around. But, with that relief came the soul crushing reminder that her father hadn't spoken a word to her since that day in the Potter's kitchen three weeks ago. For the first time ever, Lily had boarded the hogwarts express with albus, with only her mother and brother to see them off. For the first time ever, Harry had chosen to go to work instead of saying goodbye to his children. Her mother had assured Lily that with time, Harry would come around. But Lily couldn't shake the feeling that she'd destroyed her relationship with her father beyond repair.

As usual, Lily and Albus wrote to their family when they arrived at Hogwarts. By the end of their first week back, Lily had received an owl from her mother. But nothing from her father. She'd even attempted to send Harry a personal letter  to the house and to his office at the Ministry. But both remained unanswered. Lily didn't know what to do. She never imagined she'd ever live a day knowing her father hated her, but here she was, and she hated it.

Three weeks into term, Lily still hadn't heard from her father, and things just went from bad to worse. Her friends started treating her differently. Students who usually smiled and waved at her as she passed now frowned and turned away from her. Rumours were spread, and a handful of students even took to shouting horrid things at her as she walked the halls between lessons.  She had quickly become a disgrace. Nobody could understand how the precious daughter of the great Harry Potter could betray her own father.

She wasn't alone, however. Scorpius also received his fair share of ridicule. His fellow slytherin students declared him to be a traitor. He quickly became an outcast. If it weren't for Albus, Scorpius would have no one.

But neither Lily nor Scorpius were prepared to end their relationship over this. If people couldn't accept them, that was their problem. They learnt to ignore the hate thrown at them and focused on each other and their studies. In fact, Lily got so used to the yelling that she'd almost become deaf to it. Until one day, a particular insult reached her loud and clear.

She walked out of her History of Magic lesson, her bag slung over her shoulder, minding her own business when a particularly large figure barrelled into her.

"Watch where you're going, slut!"

Lily looked up and rolled her eyes. "Get out of my way, Leyton."

"Or what? Gonna go running to Daddy?" Leyton smirked viciously. "Oh wait. You can't. Because he couldn't bear having a slut for a daughter so he disowned you."

One minute, Lily was trembling with anger, a hazy red mist fogging her gaze. The next, she was being forcefully dragged down the corridor.

"Lily!"

Lily shook her head. Her tears fell hot and heavy as she slumped to the floor. A gentle hand rubbed her back in comfort. Lily finally realised where she was and that one of her dorm-mates, Leah, was sitting beside her. Leah was one of the only ones to support Lily and her relationship.

"I'm sorry. I don't even know what happened." Lily sobbed. "I just got so angry."

"It's okay." Leah sighed. "I know you're having a hard time right now. But it will get better."

"I'm not so sure anymore." Lily whispered.

*

Later that evening, after a particularly brutal scolding from the headmistress, Lily sat with Scorpius in the library. She had her defence against the dark arts homework in front of her, but she was hardly in any frame of mind to study right now.