Chapter 1

"N...No! Why !? That's not fa- ah!" yelped a boy whose nose was deep into his novel. While in his trance he was interrupted by his friend.
The friend was a boy who walked by and tugged on his arm saying, "Jungkook! Jay said to clock in. Table 17 is for you."
"Okay, okay. I'll be there in a minute." he replied then got up from the booth. The boy then grabbed his apron and tied it around his waist.
Tomorrow will be the first day of college for first year Jungkook, a student studying Psychiatry. The boy who just tugged on his shoulder was one of his closest friends, Jimin. Right now they are working as servers for some pocket change.
"Aren't you excited for our first day tomorrow ?" Jimin asked while wiping down the metal bartop.
"Yeah, I wonder what it's gonna be like." Jungkook replied completely unaware of his surroundings.
"Be careful with that hot plate!" Someone warned.

Crash!

Clink!

A plate was shattered right next to the two servers. The loud crash caused Jungkook to start hyperventilating. Instead of helping to clean up the mess, he froze in his spot.
When Jungkook was a kid, there was an incident in a parade. He remembered holding his dad's hand for a long time. Then somehow they were separated and he was lost. He kept searching for his dad but couldn't find him. During the parade, there were lots of fireworks and noise makers. So much that he had a complete sensory overload. As a result of this, whenever a loud noise occurs he will experience a trauma-like episode.
When Jimin noticed the boy experiencing an episode, he reacted quickly. His way of calming Jungkook down was to hold his hand while talking to him. As he took both his hands. The trembling boy slowly came back to his senses.
" The child who went into the woods... found a lost boy. he said look to the sky.. follow the stars. With the moon to light your way, you're sure to be home.." Jimin sang softly to Jungkook.
This song had a special meaning between the two of them. For the song described how they met. Jungkook was on a boys scout trip and he wandered off from his group. That's when he met Jimin who was camping nearby with his family.
"Thanks", Jungkook spoke while wiping his teary eyes.
" Don't even sweat it. What kind of best friend would I be, if I couldn't do this much?" replied Jimin.
" Hey buddy, it seems like you were busy. So here." Jungkook was handed a slip of paper by his manager, Jay.
"Thanks. I'll get on it", he thanked his manager.
"Tea, water", the slip of paper read.
Jungkook collected his glasses then filled them with their respective drinks.
" Good morning, my name is Jungkook. here are your drinks," the server greeted the table.
" Great. Cookie, was it? So my friend finally went on a date," the woman started rambling on an irrelevant story.
"My name isn't Cookie..." he muttered under his breath. " Did you say something?" the woman asked.
"Just that my name is Jung - Kook. It's korean. " he spoke slowly.
"Oh sorry 'bout that. So anyway, he was wearing crocs!" the woman continued with his story.
It was gonna be a long shift.
________________
"GUYS! YOU CLOCK OUT YET!?" The sound of a foreign screaming toucan violated Jungkook's ears.
"Yeah! Jay has it! We already clocked out," Jimin yelled at their manager.
He was always a rebellious boy who won't let anyone stand in his way. Because of how pretty he naturally was, girls often spread rumors about him. Jungkook would stay by his side and reassure him that none of the rumors were true.
"Why are you so mean ? You see Jungkook is never mean. He's a good boy," the manager replied while pulling Jungkook into an uncomfortable hug.
" I'm just built differently. Also, you should go ask if they cashed out yet", Jimin commented then pointed to a trio of servers.
"You're right. Smart boy," Nirvene spoke then disappeared right after.
After everything was said and done, Jimin and Jungkook left the restaurant. The two friends got into Jimin's car then started driving to the mall. Jimin had plans on buying some new clothes for classes tomorrow.
_________
"What do you think of this?" Jimin held a white colored V neck shirt to his chest.
"Hmm," Jungkook examined his friend closely.
"Good," he replied. A thumbs up rose from his side to show approval.
"It's always a pleasure to see a familiar face," the voice of a familiar stranger spoke out. Both Jungkook and Jimin turned their heads to see the person.
"Hi Michael! I'm here with my best friend, Park Jimin. He needed some new outfits for the school year," Jungkook cheerfully introduced the two.
The gawking blonde haired boy picked up his jaw from off of the floor. He frantically fixed his hair and adjusted his shirt.
"You can just call me, Jimin. Yes, I am single. Yes, you may ask me out on a date. But wait three days since we just met today. You don't wanna come off, desperate" Jimin outwardly blurted to Michael.
"Well thank you for the kind offer. I shall let you know my response three days from now," he replied. He then turned his full attention back onto Jungkook.
The blonde haired boy felt his whole world shatter in front of him. It was like there was an ice cold wind blowing through his hollow body.
"Hmm", Jungkook watched cautiously as Michael's hand reach towards the top of his head.
"Um, uh", he was confused as to why Michael had his hand on him.
"There was a spec of dust on the top of your head." Michael obliviously explained.
"Oh, uh thanks", Jungkook awkwardly thanked Michael.
"Oh my God! Michael!" an obnoxious voice interrupted.
The voice belonged to a girl named Melissa. The best way to describe her is that she is beautiful, fashionable, popular and has a cut throat attitude. Most see her as a lovable fashionista but had a deeply rooted hatred for her frenemy.
"Ahem." Jimin purposely cleared his throat.
"That cashmere sweater is such a waste on someone like you. How utterly ridiculous", said the sour filled girl.
"What did you just say to me?" Jimin sneered back at the girl.
"You heard exactly what I said." Melissa's smile curved into a smirk of satisfaction.
"We are just leaving now! It was nice to see you again, Michael." Jungkook took a hold of his friend's arm. He already knew that Melissa was just trying to get a rise out of his friend.
"Let's just go." Jungkook warned his smoldering friend. Thankfully Jimin took his hint and followed along.
"Yeah, we were just leaving. I loved seeing your mom on the screen in the security office. They got great angles from her." Jimin left with the final word.
"Wait Jungkook!" Michael attempted to get ahold of him before he left
He had the expression that he wanted to say something but was interrupted. While Jungkook didn't mind waiting, his blonde haired friend started pulling him away.
_______________
"How is she gonna mess with me?! We both know that I'm not the one. " Jimin was going off on a tangent.
"She must not know who you are," replied Jungkook. He laughed with his until his vision went dark.
"Guess who?" cooed a person whose skin was golden. The scent of coffee softly wafting in the air.
"Let me guess. Someone who is gonna question why he wasn't invited here with us." Jungkook spoke, then removed the hands from his eyes.
"J - Hope!" Jimin cheerfully greeted their friend.
The culprit of the surprise attack was Jung Ho-seok. He prefers to be called by his nickname J - Hope. A boy who has known Jungkook since childhood. His hair is dyed blonde with a black ombre effect. Most of his time was spent working at his family's cafe.
"I'm upset with the both of you." J - Hope sighed. He displayed a pouting face while crossing his arms.
"Ooo, don't mind if I do." The boy's attitude only changed when he saw the basket of fries in front of him.
"What are you upset about this time?" Jungkook asked.
J - Hope was digging into the piping hot food in front of him. Then took a drink of the sprite sitting in front of him. He always had a bad habit of gobbling up food whenever he was upset. Especially Jungkook's food.
"Don't be so stingy! Feed me some more, ah ~" Jungkook demanded." A single frenchfry was then placed into the boys open mouth. He chewed it happily while his body started to feel a rush of warmth and euphoria. "Hey, are you alright ?" J - Hope's hand reached towards Jungkook's cheek and wiped off a wet substance. Completely caught off guard, Jungkook replied, "Yeah! Maybe it's just allergies." Jungkook didn't know exactly what just occurred but didn't want to pay too much attention to it. 

"Hmm. Alright. Anyways I just saw our new schedules in the group chat. I'm upset because we only have one class all together!" J- Hope said while temporarily dismissing what just occurred.
"Honestly, it's all Jimin's fault. Maybe if he hadn't taken so long to get ready. We would've been able to register earlier." Jungkook snitched on his friend.
Jimin was appalled by how he was blamed for their lateness.
"You filthy traitor. He bought our lie about the train!" Jimin responded with a kick to Jungkook in the shin.
"OW! This is why you'll never find a man or woman." Jungkook sneered.
Gasp "Says the guy who is tunneled first every time we play, Dead by Daylight! Yeah! Feels bad doesn't it ?" Jungkook's self satisfied expression dropped with Jimins insult. He knows how much he hates losing in anything.
Jimin and Jungkook were now kicking each other in the shins and pulling each other's hair.
"Ladies. Ladies. Let's stop, just chill. Why can't we just be friends?" J - hope's plea fell on deaf ears until he was kicked in the shin.
"I said, stop." J - Hope said with a heavy aura filling the area.
Both Jungkook and Jimin started to cower in fear of J - Hope's wrath. The last time they didn't listen, the both of them received a throbbing headache.
"We're sorry! We get along, see?" Just like a flip of a switch, Jimin and Jungkook acted accordingly.
"Alright then. Now let's go get some dessert!"

***
" I never see you eat any lunch... So I brought you lunch too!" Yoongi was concerned with the student sitting next to him.
"I don't need it. I have an apple and water for lunch today." The lone boy speaking was Jin.
Yoongi watched from the sideline and noticed how the dark haired boy was always by himself. He questioned if he had any friends. Something told him that he should help his fellow classmate.
"Move over." Yoongi spoke with confidence.
Jin silently compiled and scooted over. Yoongi then placed the components of the packed lunch in front of Jin.
"My mom says that everyone needs to eat lunch." There was a moment of silence as Jin kept staring at the food sitting in front of him.
It was a warm home cooked meal. Something he has never been able to taste. The smell was enough to make him almost drool.
"Do you need some help?" asked Yoongi.
He thought that maybe the soup was too hot to eat, So he used his spoon to pick up some of its contents. He then brought it to his lips and blew on it softly.
"I cooled it off for you. So you won't burn your tongue. So say ah ~ " Yoongi said with his hand coming closer to Jin's mouth.
Jin was overwhelmed with emotions. No one has ever brought him lunch or even fed him at that. His eyes were starting to water. At that moment he didn't know what to do. So he slurped the spoonful of soup into his mouth.
"Isn't it good?! Hey wait, why are you crying? Was the soup too hot? " Yoongi felt terrible when he watched Jin start to tear up.
The soup went so easily down his throat. It brought warmth to his cold body. As if he was being given a warm hug. Having someone treat him so kindly caused him to cry.
"I-I'm sorry. The soup was good. I just..." Jin said with tears falling from his eyes.
"I understand. Middle school is really hard when you don't have friends. But I'll be your best friend." Yoongi embraced his newly acquired friend.
He didn't care that other students were giving them looks. He too was lonely but never showed it to others. Now the both of them wouldn't feel so alone.