Chapter 4

"Ow, it's hot." Jin recoiled from burning his tongue on the appetizer sitting in the middle of the table.

Namjoon let out a small chuckle while watching the dark haired hair fool before him. For such a smart person, he lacks common sense. Namjoon thought.

He watched in disbelief as Jin was about to make the same mistake again. "Jeez, put the fork down."

"Hmmph." The dark haired boy listened to his boyfriend and did just that. Namjoon picked up a piece of the spicy chicken and blew on it for him.

"You don't have to do all that for me.." Jin mumbled. He was a bit shy about being babied like this.

Before making his next step, Namjoon looked to make sure they weren't being watched. Then he brought the fork to the blonde boy's lips. " I didn't ask for your opinion. Just open up." Namjoon sincerely spoke.

Timidly Jin let himself be fed the piece of chicken.

"Hue hue, you make a cute face when you're embarrassed." Namjoon teased his pouting love.
Whenever Jin tutored him, he was extremely harsh and strict. So when it comes to things like this, he took great pleasure in it. .

"Hey Joon. What would you do if we got caught? I'll never be able to go to a top rate college. Not only you, but your whole family might downfall." Jin turned his head down to avoid Namjoon's gaze. "Worst of all, we would be separated forever"

Jin alluded to a real and terrifying reality they face as a homosexual couple. If you were caught practicing homosexuality, you'd be put in jail, fined or even sent to an asylum. Only bad things could come out of going to that place.

"Tcch." Namjoon gratingly replied. "Don't even think about something like that. We're gonna leave this town and go somewhere else. We can get a cottage in the woods or something. No one will ever be able to hurt you again."

Namjoon wanted the both of them to start a new life together. His neglectful family would only separate him from Jin. Anything that ever brought him joy was ripped away.

"Your parents. Do you ever miss them? Do you think they're looking down from Heaven?" Namjoon hesitantly asked.

He may have been brought up in a broken home, but he still had two living-breathing parents. Based on what he's learned from Jin, life hasn't been easy.

"I guess you can't miss someone you never knew. But I imagine they would have loved to meet you." Jin turned his head up with a sincere look. "Suga told me that they may have reincarnated and would reunite one day. I'd like to believe he's right."

Jin wasn't raised in a religious household. His aunt never cared to do anything but clothe him and give him a bed. But the orphanage caretaker taught him about being spiritual.

"Reincarnation, huh? If you believe in it, maybe I will too." Namjoon didn't believe in any religion either. After all, what kind of God would grant him a life like this? The idea of spending the rest of his life with Jin sounded good. All he wants to do is provide for and love his partner.

" If something ever happens to me. Promise me you'll find me in the next life?" Jin held out his pinky to his beloved brute.

"What a silly promise." Namjoon's dismissive response made Jin start to frown.

"But I guess this is one I intend to keep." Namjoon stuck out his pinky and made the promise.
He often struggled to show his inner feelings. But this was truly one of his happiest moments

.
***

I'm gonna be late! Jungkook was sprinting to his club room. His lateness was caused by his trip to J - Hope's house. He was learning how to make a foreign dish.