A Kind Fairy's Lessons (Rules)

Now, you may be wondering what kind of stories this sundial conjures. Let me give you an example that will surely teach you a lesson that ought to be learned.

There once lived a maiden in a kingdom far off and long ago. After defying her stepmother and stepsisters, she finally managed to make it to the prince's ball in beautiful glass slippers and a fancy dress given to her by a kind fairy.

She became delirious from the freedom, forgetting everything in favour of the joyful moment.

Drunk on her glee and excitement, the maiden grew clumsy. She tripped over her own two feet and fell to the ground mid-dance, shattering her glass slippers.

Now, the kind fairy had warned her of this. She was given one rule: to not break her slippers. If she broke this, the magic would wither away.

Her beautiful gown turned back to rags...

Her jewelry faded away...

What was left of her shoes turned to dust...

And, to her horror, the maiden noticed the tips of her fingers turning grey. Before she could even question it, they scattered into ash in the wind. She did not feel pain, only a cold emptiness.

Then the maiden herself turned into naught but cinders... Leaving only her rags behind.

Thus, rules must be followed. Now, pay attention, as I'm sure you wouldn't like to follow in the poor maiden's footsteps.

Rules:

DO...

• Keep things PG-13

• Write 300+ words

Represent the prompt

• Have a title

• Remember swearing is allowed

• Add this book to your library/reading list

• Give the contest a shout-out every five times you participate

DO NOT INCLUDE...

Sex scenes or smut. (Alluding to sex is alright, but the actual scene should happen off page.)

Graphic gore. (Violence is alright, but try not to dive too deep into descriptors.)

Pedophilia or necrophilia. (Hopefully, this goes without saying.)

Suicide or self-harm. (Alluding to this is alright.)

Now, follow the rules or you'll be bippity-boppity-boo'd into dust.