Gifts of the Sun (Prizes)

In a land far away, there once lived a little girl. She was known far and wide for being the brightest, most creative little thing. Now, despite this cleverness, she, along with her brother, had been captured.

Their captor, a  child-eating witch, grinned evilly as she prepared her oven for cooking. What was she cooking? Why, the girl's poor brother, of course.

The girl knew she needed to save him. But, how? She was stuck in the cell watching the witch get ready to roast her brother. She needed to get out of there.

The witch helped her in that aspect. She told the girl to fan the flames because her "old bones could prepare her meals like they used to."

Miraculously, an idea descended upon the girl. She couldn't help the grin that spread across her face.

The girl knew she would be let out of her cell to fan the flames. She steamed herself for the execution of her plan.

When she approached the oven, she purposefully put out the flames. The witch was furious.

The witch bent down to prepare the oven herself. She couldn't have made a graver mistake.

Without a moment's hesitation, the girl shoved the witch towards the oven with all her might and closed the oven door to block the witch's blood-curdling screams.

The girl and her brother went on to live long, happy lives as a reward for their bravery and quick-wits.

May this be a reminder, scribe. The Sun Sorcerer is very generous to those he deems worthy. Keep your wits about you, and, of course, be creative. You might just find yourself rewarded handsomely for your efforts. Rewards such as...

Prizes
1st place: edit 3 chapters, shout-out, co-writing a 1k- one shot with one of our writers

2nd place: review 3 chapters, shout-out, feedback and ending review on one shot

3rd place: review one chapter, shoutout, feedback on one shot

Win 3 times: advisory writer assigned for one of your books

Win 5 times: digital 30 sticker pack

Win 10 times: co-write a book with one of our writers

And now for a reminder: these writing contests will last for 24 hours every other Saturday following the GMT timezone, so add this book to your library so you can be notified every Saturday!