Chapter 10: Sawai's Declaration

"Are you serious? You don't know?" Takao sighs and shakes his head.

"In love...t-there's no way! I can't be i-in love with (Name)-chan..!" Sawai rapidly shakes his head, attempting to throw that idea out of his mind.
But it was no use, it was stuck in his head.

The mischievous boy genuinely smiles at the manager's frustration.
"I could be wrong or right, you're the one who gets to decide that. You should find out for yourself."

"B-but..." Sawai stops. He had a feeling that what he felt towards you was more than friendship lately, and this could be what it was.
"How can I tell...?" He continues hesitantly.

"Well, I guess if you feel super happy just being able to stay by her and feel a pain in your chest when you can't see her or when she gets along with other guys.. then that's how you'll know." Takao shrugs, his smile slowly fading.

"I see..." Sawai thinks back to the times you had spent with him and his heart starts feels like it's climbing to the heavens.

"M-m-maybe..." He stutters in embarrassment from slightly admitting his thoughts and feelings.
"Uh...by the way, Takao-kun.."

"Yeah? What's up, Kyo-chan?"

"...What's with your weird..dance..?"

"Ohh this. Well, I'm holding my piss till you're done with talking about this cause it's weird going and talking about love at the-"

"O-okay! That makes sense, well thanks!" Sawai runs away, cause he did NOT want Takao to finish what he was about to say.

When he reaches the rooftop he sees you shoving a pea in Midorima's face.

"What..?" Sawai asks, but is immediately cut off by your yelling

"LOOK AT THE RESEMBLANCE. WHY CANT YOU SEE. ALL IT NEEDS IS GLAS-"

"SHUT UP. IT DOESN'T LOOK ANYTHING LIKE ME."

"THE RESEMBLANCE. THAT IS WHY THE NAME PEA MAN WAS BESTOWED UPON YOU."

A vein pops on Midorima's head.

"For. the. last. time. I-" Midorima's eyes widen when he sees Sawai's bewildered expression and he turns back into the refined boy he usually is.
"S-sawai." Midorima awkwardly says the boy's name.
Swiftly, you turn your head towards him and your cheeks puff up.
"Pfft..d-did you hear? The pea man name?"

"Uh...yeah...I didn't know Midorima-kun let you call him weird nicknames.."

Midorima's eyes narrow and he opens his mouth to "correct" him, but he doesn't get the chance because you begin to laugh.

"AHAHAAHHAHAHAHA!!! I-IT'S A PERFECT NAME, RIGHT??"

"It.is.NOT." Midorima states and grabs your cheeks.

"H-hwahh?? Whaydt awre youu (What are you-) oww ow ow!"

"Stay quiet."

"Dat hwurts..!!"

"Be quiet."

"Shwin-chwan!!"

"U-uh!!"

Before he could realize it, Sawai grabs the tsundere's wrist, surprising the tsundere himself and you.

"Sawai?"

"K-kyhwopai?"

"Wha-? Ah!! I'm sorry..I know it's a joke!! I didn't mean.. well I mean I wanted to..uh...join in on the friend roughhouse hahaa.."

An awkward silence fills the air and Sawai feels as if he wants to jump off the roof right then and there.

"..Then, why didn't you say so?!" You laugh as you rise to your feet.