Chapter 8: Reconcile

"Where the hell is that idiot?"

"..."

Midorima always looked so serious and he had his usual expression on at first glance, but if you really stopped and looked, you could tell he was infuriated.
You couldn't even find any words to say because of his rage.
But not only because of that.
You were a bit irritated as well and confused.

"I'm sure they'll show up. After all, they both sounded kind of serious-"

"No, it's now clear that it is an act. If Sawai really did sound nervous like you said, then it's an obvious act."

The two of you, after recovering from the shock, had explained your reasons for your early arrival at school. Now, you and Midorima were sitting on the roof-because again it was magically open-just like you used to when you ate lunch together.

"That's true, but-"

Midorima cuts you off without any hesitation.

"And if he was telling the truth, then he would probably be the first one here..." Midorima paused awkwardly, expecting an immediate answer
"Would you agree?"

Quietly, you recited all the curse words you have heard and said over and over in your mind.
'WHY THE HELL IS HE MAKING THIS FUCKING AWKWARD- no wait. NEVER MIND. THIS IS JUST HIM.'
Once again you cursed, this time under your breath, but loud enough that Midorima could hear you.

"(Last Name), that kind of language isn't something you should speak-"

"Nanodayo." You finished for him.
You tried to keep yourself from smiling, but you couldn't keep it in.
Just like always.
The grin on your face grew wider as you examined his unamused expression.

The boy opened his mouth to speak, but you cut him off once again.
"Pfft- you look like my old man about to scold me.."
Suddenly, you burst into laughter.

Midorima's expression darkened and his brow furrowed, but you could care less. You clenched your stomach as you fell on your back, the air escaping from you. Tears formed in the corner of your eyes. The only thing that could be heard was your roaring laughter brought out by your "other side".

"You..." Midorima said once you began to calm down a bit.
Slowly, you sat up and wiped the tears lingering in the corner of your eye, awaiting for his harsh response.
But it didn't come.
"...Midorima-kun?"
"..."
"Midorima-san?"
No response.
"Midorima-sama?"
No response again, but you could tell he was tensing up.
"Midori-kun???"
Midorima coughed hard, causing you to stare at him in surprise.
"...Never mind, its nothing nanodayo."

Your jaw dropped to the floor in shock.
"No." You stated firmly.
"Excuse me?"
"Tell me, pea man."
"What?! P-pea man-"
"CARROT GUY. C'MON."

A vein popped on Midorima's forehead.
"DON'T CALL ME THAT NANODAYO."
"OH YEAH. WELL THEN DON'T CALL ME NANODAYO."
"HUH?! I DIDN'T- STOP JOKING ABOUT MY ACCENT NANODAYO."
"AH!! SEE?! YOU CALLED ME NANODAYO AGAIN. UGH JUST TELL ME WHAT YOU WERE GOING TO STAY, MIDORI-KUN."

You have never seen Midorima look so infuriated. It was almost funny, but you couldn't laugh. You were focused on what he was going to say.

The boy took a deep breath in then out.
"I..."
"Yes...?"
"You...I was just going to say that...you haven't laughed like that in a while. It has been a long time. That was all I was going to say." Midorima answered bluntly and he slightly turned his head away.

You looked at him in surprise.
Not only did he notice that, but he was right. You yourself hadn't even realized it with all the work.

'Isn't that a good thing though? I wanted to keep that side of me hidden after all...although it was too late.
So why...?'
Something inside of you was saying "I'm so relieved! I missed this feeling."

In a way, you understood the feeling, yet you didn't. It was a strange thing.
After a short silence, you laughed loudly again, this time surprising Midorima.

"You're right...and I'm surprised I'm happy that I did laugh like that just now." You grinned.

At that moment, the only thing that could be heard was the cool morning breeze passing by.

"Midori-kun-"
"Don't call me that..."

Your smile grew wider from his harsh response, but it quickly faded, becoming a more serious and sad look.

"I'm sorry for being selfish and annoying."
"...Aren't you always?"
"What? With being sorry, selfish or annoying?"
"Annoying, but sometimes all three at different times or at the same time nanodayo."
"..Pfft- ahahaha! You're really blunt, you know that? I don't hate that."

For a split second, you swore Midorima looked flustered, his face a bit flushed. But quickly, he composed himself.
"Idiot. There's nothing wrong with being blunt sometimes nanodayo..."

You chuckled a bit and grinned at him.
"Yeah,that's true."
You let out a sigh, realizing only at that moment you were holding one in.
"And It's definitely not the same without you, Midori-kun. It's much more fun!"
"That's not what I was-"
"So maybe now next time you'll let me ride that cool ride of yours..?"
"...You're still not letting that go nanodayo?"
"But I won't go as far as not talking to you again!"
"...rock, paper, scissors."
"Huh...?"
"That's how we decide who's pulling nanodayo."

Immediately, you jumped up in excitement, slightly startling Midorima.

"MIDORI-KUN, YOU.....CARROT MAN YOU ARE AWESOME-"
"I SAID DON'T CALL ME THOSE NAMES, BAKA."
"What?!?! Well...then, how about
Uh...uhm...well..uh...shit..."
"(Last name)..."
"What aboouuutt..oh!! Shin-chan...? Takao calls you that too after all."

Midorima sat there in silence, he then stood up and walked towards the door.
"I don't care anymore...just call me whatever. Other students are coming, we need to go and beat the life out of a certain two who made us come here unbelievably early."

Your eyes widened in surprise, but soon you released a howl of laughter.

"Okay okay. Mr. Whatever.
Let's go beat the crap out of them, Whatever!!"

"...If you were not a woman, I would have already hit you...and I might do just that right now."

"Ahahaha!!! I was just joking, Mi- I mean, Shin-chan!" You opened the door and raced down the stairs, your heart strangely skipping a beat once you called him that.

Midorima covered his face with the palm of his hand.
One, because he was speechless about your sort of childish attitude that could change in the blink of an eye.
And two, because his face was completely red from embarrassment.
-
| CHAPTER END
to be continued... |
-
(Author's note: WELL WHADDA YA KNO, I FINISHED EARLY. I guess if you really do put your mind to it you can achiever great things *^*)/
//even tho this is probably not even that great of an achievement X"D
So this was kind of short and a bit sweet, so I hope you guys enjoyed it!
The next chapter...I will have much fun writing it hehehe...
Also, so you know the one part where Midorima was going to the door to the staircase? I read this part over again and this is what I wrote before I changed it:
"I don't care anymore...just call me whatever. Other students are coming, we need to go and beat the life out of those idiots."
DOESN'T IT SOUND LIKE MIDORIMA IS GONNA BEAT UP ALL THE STUDENTS //CRYING&LAUGHING//
This is why kouhai-chans&kuns we must look over our work before we publish them..X""D
-life lessons~(b•^•)b
Anyways! Like always, thanks for supporting this fanfic! Thanks so much for votes, comments especially, and adding this to reading lists and all that X3)
-
Date: 4/18/15