Part I

London.

Of all the amazing places I've visited, surprisingly, this was my first time in London.

The city greeted me with a calm grey sky, cool breeze, and busy streets. I didn't rush to get to my hotel, taking my time to pull out my camera and snap photos. Architecture, plants, people in the street, anything and everything that caught my eye. It wasn't until the little red light on my camera started flashing, warning me of a low battery, that I realized my large backpack was starting to take a toll on my upper back.

I should rest... shit, where am I?

My phone died at some point too, I had to ask a few strangers for some help getting back on route, but eventually made it to an extravagant brick building. Yellow lights glowed from dozens of windows, a warm contrast from the blue hue of the night. Large pillars surrounded the doorway, I couldn't help but pull out my camera and use the last of its power to capture their intimidating stance.

Wow.

The inside was even more marvelous. Tall ceilings, chandeliers, ornate furniture, and-

"Can I help you?" Someone asked from behind me in a judging tone.

When I turned around a man in a silky black suit was behind me and I suddenly realized I probably looked quite disheveled from the long trip and very out of place in this beautiful building.

"Hi, yes, I have a reservation. Sorry I'm a bit late."

The man raised his eyebrow at me.

"Name?" He asked.

"(Y/N)."

His eyebrows raised, his expression quickly changing to surprise, and his cheeks getting flushed as if he was embarrassed.

"Of course Miss (L/N), my apologies, no need to worry about the time. I'll get you checked into your room promptly."

While checking in, the man had another employee take my backpack up to my room for me, though I tried insisting that it wasn't necessary. He handed me a key card for room 803.

"If you need absolutely anything Miss (L/N), please don't hesitate to let us know."

"Thank you." I replied with a smile and small nod of my head before making my way to the elevator.

My room was huge, much more space than I had any use for.

I should be used to big, empty hotel rooms by now.

After cleaning up and getting comfortable the jetlag hit me like a brick wall. I put the TV on a low volume and quickly fell asleep to the soft noise and light.

...

I woke up slightly startled to knocking at the door. The same man who checked me in last night was there with a cart full of breakfast food.

"I apologize for disturbing you Miss (L/N), but your employer insisted on providing you with breakfast this morning."

"No need to apologize, it looks incredible, thank you so much."

"Anything you need, just call." He reminded before leaving me to my meal.

I drew the curtains, sat at the little table in front of the window, and watched the bustling street below while I ate. I had a few hours to kill before I needed to go to work, and while scanning the world below, my eyes fell upon a building just down the road.

National Art Gallery. I bet I could get some wicked shots in there.

The sun was shining today. I did my hair, put on a light dress, grabbed my camera with a freshly charged battery, and started on my morning adventure.