Eight

Narcissa's POV
"I still can't believe father gave up his wand," Draco laughed. "Excuse me?!" Lucius said annoyed. "Calm down, darling, it's just a joke," I put my hand on his shoulder. "We'll if we're joking then, Draco why'd you join the deatheaters? And let Crabbe die?" Lucius growled. Draco stopped laughing and fell silent. We both looked at Lucius startled by his words. "Lucius. Thats-" "what? It's just a joke. Just like you went to Severus's with Bellatrix so that Draco wouldn't get hurt. Probably cause you thought him a coward," he shrugged. "LUCIUS!" I screamed. "Draco go back into your room right now," He glared at Draco. He slowly closed his door and left us alone in the hallway. "What's wrong?!" I asked annoyed. "Well it seems you think I'm a coward!" He shouted. "I never said that!" I argued. "Yes you did!" He shouted. "No I didn-why are you lying?!" I asked. My eyes went to the necklace. "Take it off," I said plainly. "What?" He seemed confused. "Take off the necklace!" I said. He stayed silent but glared at me. "I said take off the bloody necklace!" I screamed. He rolled his eyes and handed it to me. "I'm letting Draco hide it this time," I said. I walked into Draco's room and closed the door. "Draco? I need you to hide this. From me AND your father. No matter what we ask don't tell us or give us any hints. Ok?" I said. He nodded and silently left to hide it. I walked outside but Lucius caught my wrist. "Please let go!" I said. "No. I want to talk to you about why you think I'm a coward," he whispered. "I don't think that!" I said. I took my wrist away and turned to face him. "I could never think that," I said softly. "Then why do you?!" He asked. "Because you are! You gave up your wand and wanted Draco to be in danger at the quidditch World Cup! You told Severus to make sure you didn't get on the Dark Lords nerves and were afraid of a 26 year old boy!" I screamed. I didn't mean any of it. In that moment maybe I did. I don't though. He glared at me. "I told you you think I'm a coward," he said grimly. "And you were right!" I shouted. "Why'd you lie to me. You could've told me this so long ago! Why didn't you?! Why are you still married to me?!" He asked. "For Draco's sake! I don't care what happens to you as long as Draco is happy and safe," I said. I walked back to the bedroom and sat on the bed. Little did I know, saying that tore apart the whole family. Again, I didn't mean it. People say things when they're angry. I should know. Bella, Father, Mother, Lucius. Meeda, all of them. Including me. We've all said things we regret. The only thing is how much damage they can do. Lucius walked in the room a minute later. He looked at me and left. "You can be in there," I said pushing passed him. "I was about to leave anyways," I called, heading down the stairs. As I was walking away I heard him lock the door. I quietly went back up the stairs. He'd never locked the door. Not even when he and Bella were dueling to kill each other. I listened and heard him go into the nightstand drawer. That's where he kept his wand. "She doesn't care what happens to me. As long as Draco's safe. Well then let's get this over with," he said. I knew what he was going to do. He'd gotten the idea from Draco. Obliviate...