~ A/N ~

Hi guys! This here will just be some background info on the main/OG character for this Warriors fanfic! Also, minor detail, words like "colour" and "honour" aren't spelt wrong. For you it may be wrong if you're in the US. But personally I'm in Canada so the "ou" is right. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Her name is Rainsong (for now, >:3) she is a dilute tortie (tortoiseshell), but unlike most torties which are mostly black (grey in her case) with few splotches of pale ginger (a decently pale cream in her case), she's a good mix in between colours. She's like a calico without the base of white. Also unlike most torties, she's got a white muzzle, paws, tail tip, chest, stomach, her right ear also has a white tip and around her left eye is a random splotch of white. (Just btw, this KINDA changes mid-way of the fanfiction, I won't tell you guys why, you'll have to be patient, and when that happens I'll include another Author's Note with a more detailed description of her when the changes apply)

So in this kinda AU (I'ma stick to the canon plot as much as I can), Robinwing and Fuzzypelt had like 4 litters together instead of 3 litters plus that litter with Patchpelt. So the order of Robinwing's litters (Canon):
1. That first litter she had with unnamed cats (presumably with Fuzzypelt)

2. The Brindleface and Frostfur litter (with Fuzzypelt)

3. The Longtail litter (with Patchpelt)

4. The Dustpelt and Ravenpaw litter (again with Fuzzypelt)

Order of Robinwing's litters (In This AU):

1. That first litter she had with unnamed cats (presumably with Fuzzypelt)

2. The Brindleface and Frostfur litter (with Fuzzypelt)

3. The Rainsong and Skykit (deceased littermate) litter (with Fuzzypelt)

4. The Longtail litter (with Patchpelt)

5. The Dustpelt and Ravenpaw litter (again with Fuzzypelt)

Mkay, so I think an explanation should be included. I DESPERATELY tried to find the age gap between the Brindleface & Frostfur litter and the Lontail litter. Sadly I couldn't find it because I don't have the time to calculate how long in moons and seasons each book is, and Warriors Wiki isn't as helpful as you might think. Because, according to Bluestar's Prophecy, Whitestorm is older than Brindleface and Frostfur by HALF a moon. But according to Warriors Wiki, Brindleface and Frostfur are older by 3 moons, yet again here's the problem, they all had different times of death. Whitestorm and Brindleface died maybe max 2 moons apart, Frostfur however, died WAY into the second/third series! (undetermined bc yk she doesn't travel with the rest of the clans) Therefore it is IMPOSSIBLE for Frostfur and Brindleface to have the same age at the time of death, because their deaths are MOONS apart. So yea. But anyways back to Rainsong (XD).

So the reason I needed to find the age gap between Brindleface and Longtail is because I needed to know the time in between to see if I could fit another litter. From my presumptions and not so accurate calculations, I should be able to fit another litter. Plus, I did my research on cat pregnancies, cats are pregnant for around 2 months (moons) before they give birth. The disgusting part: they can get pregnant again only 2 days after they gave birth- (o-o) So yea theoretically I should be able to fit another litter in. That litter would be Rainsong and the deceased littermate's litter. So Rainsong is approximately 8 moons younger than her older siblings, therefore Whitestorm would be 8 and a half moons older than her.

!DISCLAIMER!

I am NOT an expert on feline genetics, I was merely having fun, so this MAY be incorrect. I'M ONLY AN INEXPERIENCED CHILD SO IF IT'S WRONG I'M SORRY PLEASE DON'T HATE ME

Now the next part, technically it's actually genetically possible for her to be a part of Robinwing and Fuzzypelt's family. So ahem, to get a calico or tortie one parent HAS to have ginger and the other HAS to have black (or maybe one could have both? idk). Robinwing DOES have a ginger patch of fur on her chest, therefore having the ginger gene needed for tortie. Fuzzypelt is a SOLID black cat, meaning he has the black gene and definitely carries the dilute gene. So then a dilute tortie is possible. (Plus Brindleface and Frostfur both are dilute) NOW I MAY BE WRONG! This was merely what I was able to find through google (not wikipedia websites) and my own calculations. SO THERE YOU HAVE IT! If it isn't correct then just for the sake of Rainsong, genetics can go OUT THE WINDOW.

Oh, yea plus some extra drama stuff you'll figure out later. ONE LAST THING! This is VERY important so that you guys DON'T get confused. This fanfiction will be told from multiple POVs. It'll start like the normal book, but not word for word bc I don't want to get copyrighted. OnO

                                                                                             Enjoy!

                                                                                                                  LittleOwl