~ Friendship ~

Third Person Rainpaw POV

"Idiots!" Rainpaw hissed from underneath the bush she hid in. Of course Jaypaw, Hollypaw and Lionpaw would be stupid enough to go into the cave to save the WindClan kits without any plan of sorts.

She looked up to the sky, the rain was going to become very heavy. Which wasn't good. She could clearly hear an underground river, and that would likely flood with the amount of rain that she predicted was coming.

Keeping her ear close to the ground, she followed the sound of the flowing river till it reached someplace above ground—which happened to be the lake. As she pressed her ear to the sand, she could still hear the underground river, which had changed from a normal-paced flow to a rush as the rain was steadily coming down heavier and heavier.

"Theoretically, if they did find the kits on time, which they probably wouldn't considering the rain started ages ago, they would've just gone back out the way they came in—again, if they hadn't gotten lost. So assuming they did not find the kits in time and did get lost, Jaypaw would find some ridiculous way to get out, which would probably be to flow with the river and out into the lake." Rainpaw concluded. "So therefore, I should help them."

She sighed, it wasn't that she hated water, but she hated it when other cats made more work for her to get rid of. Grumbling to herself, she waited patiently with her ear to the sand till she could hear heavy shapes bobbing in the rushing water. When she did, she jumped into the cold frigid water.

Rainpaw clenched her teeth and dove under the water and was met with a giant ginger shape that shot out of the sand deeper down. Surfacing, Rainpaw took a deep breath before diving back down and helping who she assumed was Lionpaw, to surface up by pushing him upwards. She continued the process with two different black cats—probably Hollypaw and some Breezepaw, though it was hard to tell who was who—and finally with Jaypaw and another WindClan cat. She then pushed herself up towards the surface and took a big breath.

"Is every cat alright?" Hollypaw called out.

After a chorus of yes from all the cats, they all swam to shore.

As Rainpaw lividly pulled herself from the water, completely drenched, she spat the water out of her mouth before turning on the trio. "You mouse-brains!"

Jaypaw glared back at her with his blind eyes. "What do you mean, mouse-brains!? We're the ones who knew where the kits were and went to save them!"

"No, you were the ones who blindly went to save the kits without a plan on getting back out." Rainpaw hissed in retort. "If it weren't for the fact that I figured out where you all would've come out, you all might've drowned!"

"Who are you to give yourself all the credit for saving the kits!?" The all-black WindClan cat growled at her, his fur hanging on his lithe frame.

Rainpaw merely raised an eyebrow. "I'm Rainpaw, and I'm the one who just saved your sorry tail from drowning, now, who might you be?"

But before she let the WindClan apprentice reply, she decided to figure it out herself. "Let's see, sour attitude, rude, selfish, and a big pain in the hind-quarters. You sound like Breezepaw, from what I've heard from these three." She gestured with her tail to Lionpaw, Hollypaw and Jaypaw who all looked away in embarrassment at being called out.

"And from the expression on your face," Rainpaw continued, looking him up and down. "I'd say I'm right."

"I-i..." Breezepaw's mouth hung open as he struggled for words.

"Didn't your father ever tell you that gaping is rude, and unmannered?" Rainpaw asked innocently, before adding in a far more dark tone: "Oh wait, from what I've heard, you've also got issues with your father." (I so wanted to put daddy issues, but like Warriors is so formally written and they don't really ever seem to call their parents 'dad')