~ A Promise Is A Promise ~ (Bonus Scene!)

Bluestar's POV

"Just remember my warrior ceremony. The moment you were the most proud of me."

Those same words were all I could hear. My loyal, devoted, caring, gentle yet fiery former apprentice had betrayed me. My most fierce, wise, memorable and motherly warrior had betrayed the Clan, MY Clan. Her last words to us–me, haunted me like a dead warrior's spirit who hadn't yet found the way to StarClan. What was so special about her warrior ceremony? Other than the fact that like she said, it was the moment I had been the most proud of her. I had watched her grow from the tiny kit she was to the most wonderful cat she was. Yes, she hadn't grown much physically, but wisdom wise, she had grown more than any cat ever had. Unable to help myself, my mind flashed back to the moment I had made her a warrior.

"I, Bluestar, leader of ThunderClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. She has trained extremely hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend her to you as a warrior in their turn." I looked down proudly at the pale tortoiseshell sitting before me, her pale blue eyes bright with pride. I had added the "extremely"  only because it was the truth. Rainpaw was the first apprentice I had seen sneak out at night to train.

" Rainpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?"

All excitement and pride disappeared from the pale tortoiseshell's eyes for a moment, only seriousness remained as she replied. 

"I promise."

That was a new one, I had thought. I had merely shrugged it off, but not too long later, I had realised how serious she meant with her I promise.

"Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Rainpaw, from this moment on you will be known as Rainsong. StarClan honours your wisdom, loyalty and thoughtfulness. I give you the name Rainsong to honour your talent to hear another's song."

The memory cut off as I sat up with a jolt in realisation. Rainsong had promised. Rainsong had never broken a promise before. Was this her way of telling me that she wasn't really betraying her Clan, but it was all part of a bigger plan? Of course it was, Rainsong always had a plan and a backup plan for the backup plan. She was one of the few cats who could keep track of the bigger picture while still in the moment. I stifled a purr as relief settled in my bones. Rainsong had never betrayed us, she wanted to make sure Tigerclaw never suspected her loyalty towards him. But she needed me to know that she was on my side, she knew I would've become very broken if I thought she had truly betrayed me. Feeling much more content, but still shaken from Tigerclaw's betrayal, I fell asleep to be met with darkness.

~ End of Chapter A/N ~

Hey guys! Ok so let me explain, at first, I had planned to write and release this after the two next chapters. But the next chapter after ~ Decisions ~ is short and I planned it to be released with another chapter on the same day. Then I realised, I still have a long way to go for writing that second chapter. So instead, I switched my plans and wrote this in like 15 minutes so that I could update today. I hope you guys enjoyed Bluestar's POV! ^^

~ LittleOwl