04. Cuddles

"Whatcha working on, Varian?" Y/n asked as she watched her boyfriend, Varian, working on a project of his.

"I'm working on a new alarm system for the palace," Varian explained. "Lately, there are crooks sneaking around and Rapunzel asked me for help."

"That's cool," Y/n approved. "Are you going to be at a stopping point soon?"

"Maybe. Why're you asking?" Varian questioned. He didn't look up from his work.

"Not much. I just wanted to spend some time with you." Y/n shuffled her feet nervously.

"I'll try to finish as soon as I can," Varian promised.

Time Skip

It had been two hours since Y/n had asked Varian to hang out. Her restlessness was getting the better of her, so she snuck over to where Varian was working. Then, she wrapped her arms around Varian's shoulders and nuzzled her head into Varian's neck.

"Varian, can we cuddle please?" Y/n asked.

Varian stopped what he was doing and kissed Y/n's cheek. "Y/n, I'm not even close to a stopping point yet."

"Please..." Y/n pleaded.

"All right, m'lady," Varian grinned. He stood up and held Y/n's hand as he led her to the couch. When they both sat down, Y/n immediately snuggled against Varian's chest and sighed contently. Varian gently played with her hair.

"Thank you, Varian," Y/n smiled.

"Any time."

Word Count: 230

I love how this one turned out! ❤️

Sorry if it's too short 😅