The End of The Return

A/N

Are you scared?

Don't be.

It will all be okay...

———————

Arizona woke up to the smell of French Toast. She groaned and smiled as she sat up before realizing her leg was sore. With a furrow of her brows and the confusion lacing within her, she looked down and pulled the blanket off of her body.

A sharp gasp escaped her mouth and she realized she was feeling a bit disoriented. Blinking a few times, she looked around and remembered what had happened. Strapping on her prosthetic, she made her way to the kitchen, looping her head around the wall to see Stephanie humming while sizzling something that smelled like sausages. Stephanie. Her girlfriend.

It was all a dream.

Why did it feel so real? Why am I disappointed that I woke up? Why was there so many parts? And why was it so... weird?

"Hey honey," Stephanie smiled at her. Arizona looked up just in time to get a soft peck to the cheek.

"Morning, Mommy," Sofia said, and it's all coming back. Oh, god.

"I made french toast, are you feeling alright?"

Arizona looked over at her girlfriend and shook her head. "I have to go into work in a few minutes."

A lie.

Stephanie frowned. "Man, I'll see you later tonight, then."

Arizona absentmindedly nodded and went to her room, quickly getting dressed. As soon as she was dresses, she said goodbye to her daughter with a kiss on her head and walked out the door, heading quickly for her car. The second she buckled in, she let out a breath and drove to a park, where she thought a few things over.

It was 2022. COVID isn't as crazy as it was in her dream... dreams? Callie is in New York, and Arizona is in Boston. After she told everyone she was going to New York, she settled in boston for a few years, eventually getting some visiting rights. Now realizing she had to see Callie, had to say something, had to admit the feelings that were still there, she drove back home and looked at Stephanie.

Something about the look on her pale face told her something bad was about to happen. "Are you about to break up with me?" her girlfriend asked.

"No no no," she spoke quickly. "I just... I need to go see Callie."

"It was nice while it lasted," Stephanie smiled and kissed her on the cheek before grabbing her things and heading out the door.

"Sweetie! We're gonna go for a drive." Arizona waited for Sofia to walk out of her room dressed and ready to go.

"Where arw we going?" Sofia asked as she walked out the door in front of her mom.

"We're uh... going to see Momma."

So they did. They went on a drive to Mowhawk Valley. It was a bit of a few dreadful hours of Arizona rethinking how she felt about the dream she had. Her feelings were bubbling up inside her until they lead her to the driveway of Callie's house.

Of course her mind had manipulated her into having that dream the day aftee Sofia said Penny hasn't been around for a while. Arizona take a deep breath as Sofia left the car. After swueezing the wheel three times, she stepped out and walked to the door.

"Arizona!?" Callie greeted her at the door. "what are you doing here? You have like three more days with her."

"I..." Arizona looked down at Sofia and smiled. "You can go inside, sweetie."

Sofia went inside and Arizona stayed planted on the ground, fiddling with her fingers.

"You were in my dream....s..."

"Oh.... okay?" Callie asked, shifting her weight.

"It was really weird. Like disgusting weird." Callie blinked a few times before looking around. "Do you have food kinks?"

"What did you just say?"

"Nothing- uh... I... still have feelings. And you may not, and I completely understand, but.. if you're okay with it, maybe we can go see a movie or something?"

"Yeah, that sounds like a nice plan."

"Okay well... maybe I should get going," Arizona replied awkwardly.

"I have a guest room," Callie rushed out. "And... clothes. I just... you know, with the shitty gas prices, you can stay for the day. Maybe we can take Sofia somewhere?"

Arizona beamed happily. "Sure!" with a, 'come on in!' from Callie, she walked inside and set her things down, putting her coat up. "I... missed you."

"Let's talk about it later," Callie offered.

"Yes of course." And through the awkwardness, it slowly got a bit more comfortable around her two favorite girls. And by the end of the day, Sofia was knocked out in her bed, and Callie and Arizona were having drinks.

Arizona explained that the dreams were extremely dirty and nasty, and that she could mever get it out of her head.

"I feel bad for anyone who ever has thoughts like that or hears someone talking about their thoughts like that or just... I feel dirty."

"I'll lick you clean," Callie joked. Arizona gasped, the drink in her mouth going with it. She swallowed quickly and coughed, choking on what she just said.

"Please don't say it like that. It makes me imagine things from the dream." Callie chuckled and cleared her throat before setting her drink down. Arizona turned to her, realizing she was about to say something.

"Would you like to come to my room?" Callie asked. Arizona set her glass down with her shaky hands and nodded.

"That'd be nice."

Callie led the way to her bedroom and sat on the bed, allowing Arizona to close the door behind her. She sat down next to Callie and drew her hand up go her cheek, leaning in softly, her heart beating.

She hadn't done this in so long, it was quite nerve wracking. She did it in her dream, but this was completely different.

"I'm scared," Arizona whispered against her lips. "I don't want to wake up."

Callie lifted her face up and closed the distance, kissing her softly before pulling away slowly to answer her. "It's real, you don't have to worry about waking up. You're already awake. I hope to prove that to you."

Their kisses turned into a heated make out session, in which Arizona's shirt slowly came off and by the fifty second mark, they were both down to their bras and panties. Callie laid herself back to give Arizona the privilege of being on top of her. The blonde complied and leaned down, licking her way down to Callie's neck, where she provided her with a soft love mark.

She moved down to take off Callie's bra, her knee between tan legs, pushing down frequently. The moans from Callie's mouth were better than any of the ones in her dream.

The pleas, oh god. Arizona smirked against areola, flicking her tongue before drawing her hand down to the reason Arizona's thigh had a wet streak. She snuck her hand down her panties and helped her finish for the first time in years.

Having lots of fun with toys, Arizona eventually told Callie about her dream and they made new rules.

1. Get Sofia new markers no matter what is real and what isn't.

2. No more french toast (along with the rest of the foods)

3. No experimenting with "Nasty shit like that," as Callie so lightly put it.

A/N

If swanqueen is something that interests you, check out my ao3!
lanaswcn
I hope you enjoyed and I missed you all so much! I love reading your tweets. Keep in contact! My ig is @/pqrdise!