Chapter 3

Chapter 3

(Sexy Stavos---------------->)

            Caleb skipped across campus, he was floating on air. He had passed all of his finals in the past two weeks and he just got his final grade before summer vacation. He had decided a while back that he was going to take this summer off and work to build up his meager savings before the fall semester begins. He had already picked up more hours at the bookstore because his part time hours on campus were cut down due to nothing going on over the summer vacation. He checked his watch and raced to his car. His shift at the bookstore starts in 20 minutes. As he merged with traffic he thought about Stavos and the man again. He has not seen either of them since that day a couple of weeks ago when the man bumped into him and Stavos had returned  for his books.

            Turning into the shopping center and parked his car and groaned. "Shit," when he saw Hal leaning against his car. He was being  little less of a pest but he still bothered him. He got out of his car and reached for his  vest that was hanging on the back if his seat and put it on over his jeans and and t-shirt. Throwing his sathcel on his shoulder and locking up the car. He rushed  quickly past Hal, calling out a vague greeting and entered the store. He waved at the two Kelly’s and went to the employee area to put his bag in a locker and clocked in. 

            He was just opening the door, when Hal threw it open and pushed his smaller body back inside. He struggled to get out from Hal's lecherous pawing.

            “Hey, you do not have to be like that.” Hal said as he tried to grab his junk.

            Caleb had reached his limit with the octopus and he reared back and slapped Hal just as Anne, the afternoon manager walked in. “What is going on here?” She demanded as she took in the scene before her.

            “I am tired of him not understanding that no means no.” Caleb declared. “If he does not stop I quit right now.”

            “Wait a minute. Tell me what is going on?” Anne said staring at the both of them.

            Hal sensing trouble blurted out. “He is a tease and was asking for it, then turns into a prude when I finally decided to ask him out after chasing me all over the store.”

            “That a lie!” Caleb shouted almost tempted to smack him again. 

            Anne looked from one to the other, seeing Caleb’s obvious distress and what she knew about the guy, he was a hard worker and kept to himself, nothing as to what Hal was describing. Furthermore, this was the third complaint against Hal, both man and woman. So she said. “Caleb you are checking the internet orders and reservations today and calling the customers for pickups and mailing. Hal stay here I would like a word with you.”

            Caleb nodded and walked to the door and left to do what he was told. After a few minutes he was sitting at the information desk logging into the order system when Hal stomped pass him threw him the finger and slammed out the front door. Anne came by a few minutes later and quietly told him she had to let  Hal go due to the fact that she had complaints before and not to take it personally then she moved on to greet and assist customers. He glanced at the two Kelly’s that knew exactly what was going on as they hi- fived each other. They hated Hall with a passion, they called him a leech.

            He quickly reviewed and updated the completed ordered, and then he printed out the list and went to the mailroom to check to see if the pending orders had arrived. There were a few but not many so he arranged them along with the order sheets and carried them back the desk. He pulled up each account and called an emailed each customer as to their listed preference. He was on the second to last name on the list. Dimitri Aleksandra. His preference was a phone call instead of email unlike a majority of online customers.