Chapter 10

Chapter 10

(picture of Gustav------>)

            Parking his car in the usual spot he cut the engine and got out of the car to be enveloped in the muggy afternoon heat. Caleb quickly made his way across the parking lot into the blessedly cool air conditioning of the book store. He waved at the two Kelly’s as he walked past the refreshment area on his way to the employee lounge. He was a little disgruntled, he never got to ask Dimitri any questions because some crisis at Dimitri’s job prevented them from getting together for the remainder of the weekend, but at least he had called a few times. He locked away his things and donned his vest and went out to the floor to begin his shift.

            Stavos crossed the foyer of the building and entered the elevator that would take him upstairs to Dimitri’s office. The security breach was minor but still it was a concern. Someone had tried to hack into the databases and had they succeeded they would have accessed some patented material worth a lot of money. Information Technology was still working on trying to trace it. 

            The elevator dinged announcing he had arrived in the corporate office. He stepped off the elevator and made straight for the office passing a few of the ladies trying to catch his eye by preening unnecessarily as he passed them. He smiled absently at Dimtri’s secretary before entering Dimitri’s inner sanctum.

            “So have we got anything on the computer worm yet? Dimitri asked as his friend placed a file on his desk and sat down opposite of him.

            “They are still running traces and have managed to remove it from the system and reprogrammed our security patches.” Stavos answered as he sat in the plush chair in froont of the massive desk and crossed his legs.

            Dimitri turned away from the panoramic windows and picked up the files of the desk to scan over them. “Okay keep me informed.” He said as he took his own seat behind his desk.

            “So I am sorry this interrupted your plans this weekend.” Stavos said noticing that his friend had been somewhat distracted most of the weekend.

            “Why? It is not your fault. In a sense I am relieved because I know Caleb has questions and some of them I don’t want to answer, especially the one about him choosing my lifestyle.” He stated as he leaned almost all the way back in his chair.

            “Just take it nice and slow.” Stavos advised. “I have some things to see too and computer geeks to keep on top of. Later.”

            Dimitri just nodded and went back to staring out into space. He knew he needed to get himself together. Remembering the other night when he told Caleb about himself and his history it felt good to get it out into the open, but he had inkling that he didn’t fully understand what he was. They would have to spend some time on his turf. He wouldn’t do anything as crass as frighten him by drinking blood in front of him, but he could show Caleb the archives documenting their history. He knew for a fact that he could let his true nature reign because it was more difficult for him to control himself and not try to seal their relationship. He had to woo him gently, he knew that much. He turned back to his desk and tried his best to concentrate at his work on hand.

            Kelly number one was making his coffee, while Kelly number two was serving another customer.