Chapter 8

Chapter 8

            Caleb watched Dimitri as he poured their after dinner coffee into delicate china cups laid out in the same room they started in before dinner. He had to admit that he was more than impressed. Caleb thought that they would not have anything in common at all and in actuality Dimtri liked a lot of the same things he did right down to his choices in music and literature. Caleb had spent all his spare time as a child reading anything he could have gotten his hands on to take him away from the harsh reality that was his life. He had forgotten to be shy or wary. He smiled to himself thinking about how down to earth Dimitri was despite the fact he was richer than Midas. He accepted the coffee with a smile.

            “I hope it’s not too strong. I kind of like it that way but not everyone does.” Dimitri said as he took a seat next to him on the sofa.

            After taking a sip Caleb replied. “It’s fine. I want to thank you for this evening. I was very nice. I felt like I am in a fairytale.”

            “If you give me the chance, I would very much like to be your knight in shining armour.” Dimtri said as he took one of his hands into his own much larger ones.

            Caleb looked up at him and saw that he was staring at his mouth. He involuntarily licked his lips and looked away.

            Dimitri put a finger under Caleb's chain and turned him back to face him. He captured the younger man's eyes and kept his gaze on him as he leaned forward and did what he had been dreaming to do all night. He gently brushed his lips back and forth across Caleb's, savoring the feel of the softness of his plump sweet lips. Using a little pressure he pressed his lips further against Caleb's and ran the tip of his tongue along the seam of his closed lips. Caleb opened for him and he gently entered the delicious cavern, and he mentally groaned. Caleb tasted like coffee and sin.  Dimitri's hands spanned his tiny waist and brought Caleb up against his hard body as he plundered his mouth.

            Caleb's head was spinning, Dimitri's kiss was taking his senses to places that he had never experienced before, but he loved it, he loved the feel of his hands on him. He brought his hands to the back of Dimitri's neck and fisted them in his thick mane of hair. He felt a low moan rise from the back of his throat. He couldn’t get enough of him.  Caleb felt the breath whoosh out of his lungs as  his back made contact with the soft material of the cushions of the couch. He found himself lying on his back with Dimitri above him. Dimitri's legs were partially open with one of his strong thighs in between his, he was clutching his jacket and his face was diverted from his. They were both breathing hard.

           “I am sorry, give me a minute and I will let you up.” Dimitri stated. He was struggling to reign in his incisors. He did not want to scare Caleb away forever and coming in contact with his true nature would do that for sure.

            Caleb managed to get his heart rate under control and he didn’t dare move a muscle. Dimitri was trembling and tension radiated from head to toe. He wondered what was wrong. He reached for Dimitri's face and was startled when he said. “No” and flew out of his embrace so fast his eyes could barely register the movement. Caleb gasped and sat up with his hand at his throat. He did not understand how someone could move so fast. “How did you do that?” Caleb asked as he got up and attempted to cross the room to Dimitri.

            “Please stay where you are. Excuse me a moment.” Dimitri said and left the room without a backward glance.

            Confused, Caleb went back and sat down on the sofa. His mind was numb and he wanted to go home. All of a sudden he was too tired to even begin to try to figure this out. Maybe Dimitri was turned off that he reacted like he did after barely knowing him, but that did not explain his speed in getting across the room just now, it was unnatural. Caleb looked around and saw the black phone on a low table, he walked over to it and picked it up and pressed the number two as Gustav had instructed and he immediately answered.