2

[Lorenzo]

Four whole fucking years since Jade disappeared for I don't know what reason. 4 years and i still think about her every damn day. I would be fucking lying if i said i was not falling for her.

I slept with numerous girls to get her out of my mind, killed several people and none of those helped. At first, i thought she found out that Blake was dead and needed some time for herself but then, after 1 whole year passed, ive come to the conclusion that it was more than that.

It hurt that she left without a word, a text or tried to reached us- By us i mean, Nick, Hunter, Liam, Seth and Amy but no, she did not fucking bother. Yes, we were all hurt by her departure but i did not show it. None of us went back to school after she left, well, except Amy.

"Boss-" A familiar voice interrupted my thoughts. Glancing at the man, i noticed it was Diego, a new recruit. He was 18 years old and i would be lying if i said that kid wasn't good. I looked at him, waiting for him to talk. "Mr Carrington invited you for dinner at his house tonight."

I raised a questioning eyebrow at what he just said. "What's the occasion?" I questioned. It was surprising, yes. After Jade's departure, her father and i have been doing business together but i wouldn't exactly say we've become friends. Just business partners.

"He said you will find out when you come." Diego shrugged and left after earning a nod from me. Sighing, i thought about the possibilities of what i will be finding out. Could it be Jade's return?

I let out a heavy sigh before glancing at my watch, 5:00. Getting up from my chair, i made my way to my room to take a shower and prepare for the dinner tonight.

~

[JADE]

"You have no idea how much ive missed you." My dad said, engulfing me in a hug within 2 seconds of me setting foot in my house. "Ive missed you too, dad." I returned the hug before breaking it to look at my surroundings.

Nothing much has changed to be honest, everything was pretty much the same. Im surprised Irina hasn't turn this house into barbie playhouse otherwise, i was gonna have to stay in a hotel.

"Jade-" I mentally rolled my eyes at her voice- speak of the devil, they say. "How was France? And how is Blake?"

"Fine." I replied, glancing at her. She was smirking at me and the way she said Blake did not go unnoticed by me. She shrugged before turning her attention to my dad who was looking at us with a questioning stare.

"Did you tell her about the dinner tonight?" She asked my dad who shook his in denial while i looked at both of them in confusion. "What dinner?"

Dad sighed before a smile took over his features. He looked absolutely tired and i would be lying if i said i didn't feel bad for leaving. Managing a mafia all by himself without Blake by his side must have been really tiring and with that, he has a wife like Irina.

"I have invited Lorenzo for dinner tonight as you're back. I thought it would be nice for you two to see each other again, it has been 4 years after all-" He started, making my eyes widened at the thought of seeing Lorenzo after 4 years. "And he has been helping me with all the mafia business while you and Blake were gone. Now, go get ready, he should be here in any minute now."

I cleared my throat before putting a neutral face back on. "I'll go get ready." With that, i rushed to my room and closed the door shut.

It's fine. I'll get through this. How hard can it be meeting someone you totally ghosted after finding out he killed your brother- for 4 years? Can't be that hard, right?

~

Glancing at myself in the mirror, i smiled at the red dress i wore, it was absolutely beautiful. Once satisfied with my look, i went to stand on the balcony to calm myself down before going downstairs. I was nervous, really nervous and scared. Yes, scared. I did not want my dad to find out Blake is dead, he will have a heart attack and i might lose him in the process- but i also know that he will find out whether i like it or not and it better be from me.

I can't believe what dad told me earlier, about how Lorenzo has been helping him with the mafia business. I couldn't believe the guts of that man, not only did he kill my brother but he is playing innocent infront of my dad. But then again, exposing him means telling the truth about Blake which again, is something i could not risk my dad finding out about, not now anyway.

As i turned my heels to go back inside, the screeching sound of a car stopping earned my attention. Looking down, i was met with a well dressed man in a suit coming out of the car. A man whom i'll recognise anywhere. Lorenzo himself.

Once he was not longer in sight, meaning he entered the house, i immediately went in my room as images of him next to my brother's dead body displayed in my mind over and over again. Taking a deep breath, i opened the door and made my way downstairs.