4

[JADE]

Once he entered, i closed the door behind him before turning to face him. He was already staring at me, his arms crossed, his face void of emotions.

"Why?" He sighed. I raised a questioning eyebrow at him, trying to keep the urge of strangling him in control. "Why what?"

"Why did you leave and why did you come back?" He questioned. "Why did i leave? Why did i fucking leave?" And there it was, my outburst, no longer being able to keep it in control.

"Yes. Why did you fucking leave? Just like that? No calls no text? Not even a fucking letter?" He snapped back with clenched fists, "-Do you know how fucking worried i was? I thought something happened to you for fuck's sake."

"You were worried?" I shook my head with a chuckle, "Why didn't you say anything downstairs?"

"Say anything about what?" He asked, pretending he didn't know what i was talking about. "You know damn well i was lying about Blake. You know that Blake wasn't in France with me." I stated earning a sigh from him.

"How did you know?" I laughed at his question, a forced laugh making him glare at me. "I saw. I saw you kneeling next to his dead fucking body after you killed him."

He ran his hand through his hair, gripping it in the process. "I did not fucking kill him."

"I saw you, Lorenzo." I stated, "I could not believe it. How could you betray me- him like that? I thought he was your friend! He saved your fucking mother for god's sake."

"I did not kill Blake. It was not me." He said in a soft tone, almost like he was desperate for me to understand. "I saw you." I replied but it came out as a whisper.

He took a step closer to me and i did not move, i let him. Why? I have no idea. I have been carrying out the secret of Blake's death for 4 years, alone and the only time i cried was when i saw his dead body. After that? I did not cry. I was going to have a mental breakdown infront of Lorenzo and for some reason, im starting to believe that He really did not kill Blake, he sounded so genuine.

"I promise i did not kill your brother." He placed his hand on my left cheek, "It was not me." And that was it, i couldn't stop the tears from falling. "Then who was it?" I choked out as he held me in his arms, not bothering if im ruining his outfit. "I don't know. I have been trying to find out who did it since he died but no luck" He sighed, burying his face in the crook of my neck.

"Im sorry you had to go through this on your own." He whispered, making me break away from his embrace to look at him. "It wasn't your fault. I shouldn't have come to such conclusions."

"True that but part of it was my fault." He stated with a sigh. "Now what?"

"How are the guys and Amy? God, they probably hate me right now." I said, playing with my necklace. "They don't. They have been waiting for you to come back and im sure they'll understand the reason." He assured, making me smile but that smile was soon replaced by a frown when my eyes fell on a shiny metal on his finger, an engagement ring.

"You're engaged?" I pointed out, feeling sad inside but of course, i didn't let him see that. What did i expect? I left for four years, it is not surprised that he moved on, not that i wasn't expecting it. I mean, i did think he killed my brother.

"Yeah..." He sighed, "It's an arranged marriage." I looked at him with raised eyebrows before letting out a snort, "Goodluck with that." He frowned, probably affected by the fact that this did not bother me when it actually did. I just couldn't let him see it.

"Thanks. I must go now." He got up on his feet before brushing nonexistent dust off his suit. "Come by the main house tomorrow?" He asked in a hopeful tone making me nod before he left.

[Lorenzo]

I knew it. I knew Jade found out her brother's dead but what i did not expect was that she blamed me- thought i killed him but she had the right to think so, i mean, i would too if i saw what she saw did.

What hurt was the fact that she was not least affected when I told her i was engaged. But then again, she did think i murdered her brother. I didn't get over Jade, god i thought i did but seeing her again after all these years made me question my feelings.

Yes, it is true that im engaged to a girl named Chloe, she was a nice girl but i didn't like her. She was the opposite of Jade. While Jade was independent and strong, Chloe was a dependent on daddy's money and weak, even pathetic. The things you have to do to save your business. Even my parents don't like her, my mother despise her; my dad on the other hand, he tried to like her but failed.

Chloe's dad- Oliver, own the second biggest and well known company after mine. Normally, the Carrington's company used to be second but since Jade left, their dad decided to spend more time in the mafia business than the legal one. And my business? The reason im even marrying chloe is for money, doing business with Oliver could get me Billions and it will keep people who are trying to investigate my other business- the mafia business, out, instead, they'll be more interested in the business which is thriving in the eyes of the public. This is why it is important.