3

[Jade]

Chatter could be heard from downstairs, Lorenzo's voice along with my dad's and Irina's. They greeted each other before making their way to the dinning area while i was standing upstairs, leaning on the rail, watching their exchange of words and once they took their seats, i decided now would be a good time to make them aware of my presence- more like make him aware of my presence.

With a deep breath, i mustered all the courage i could before walking down the stairs. The clicking sound of my heels against the floor was the only sound i heard as my gaze was fixed on the steps i took to avoid embarassing myself by falling. It was the last thing i needed.

"How is the busi-" the all too familiar voice of the man i do not want to see tonight started but immediately stopped when i entered the room. I knew he stopped talking because he saw me, at least, im guessing considering i still haven't looked up from my heels.

Silence filled the place, i finally looked up and met the gaze of Lorenzo. His jaw was clenched and eyes was widened. Was it anger? Surprise? I could not tell and i did not want to know either. At this point, i just wanted the ground to swallow me, i wanted to have some power of becoming invisible, that would be fucking amazing and really helpful right now.

"Jade?" He broke the silence, uttering my name and man, did i miss hearing him say my name or the nicknames he used to call me by. But now- i look at his face and all i can see are the images of him kneeling over my brother's dead body after he tortured and killed him but of course, i had to manage to keep a neutral face on and fake a fucking smile before replying, "Lorenzo."

His grip on the fork in his hand tightened as i walked closer to the table and took a seat- the only seat available which was much to my discomfort, next to him. My father on the other hand looked pleased to see me and Irina just had a smug look on her face. By the look on Lorenzo's face, i could tell he had tons of questions- questions im not ready to answer yet, questions i do not want to answer. Hell, talking to him isn't even on my agenda right now.

"Let's eat before talking. I know you children have lots of catching up to do." My dad said with a smile. Not bothering to reply, i started to dig in my food as did the others. I was hungry, this is the first nice food im eating since i got back. Why not cherish it just because Lorenzo is disturbing me with his presence? Keeping a neutral face on and acting like i did not notice Lorenzo burning glare on me, i swallowed the food before taking a sip of my wine.

"So, Jade. How was France?" Irina asked, smiling at me. It was no angelic smile, more like an evil one. I faked the best smile and interested face that i could, "France was amazing. It is such a beautiful and peaceful country, the people there are absolutely kind and amazing- helpful even."

"And how is Blake doing? Your dad said you mentioned he is into art now? I would like to see his drawings."  sometime." She took a sip of her own wine. Enzo furrowed his eyebrow in confusion and turned to look at me before a frown took over his features. That was all it took for me to figure out that he knew but of course, he would not want me to figure that out so he did whatever a fucker would do- he shrugged it off and replaced his confused face with a neutral one and got back to eating.

"Yes indeed-" i started, giving Irina my full attention as i studied her, she was asking a lot of questions about Blake, it was almost like she knew and i was going to get to the end of this. "During our stay in France, Blake took an interest in art, he started painting and it is absolutely amazing. His drawings are beautiful, he has become an artist in a matter of four years and i could not be prouder." The lies came out easily.

"Is that so?" Lorenzo seemed stunned by my art of lying but he knew better than to question it. I glared at him before going back to ignoring him. "Yes."

"Im thinking of retiring." My dad thought of out, earning my attention as well as everyone else. "Since you were clear on how Blake had no interest of taking over, it goes to you, Jade." His next words make me smile, my dream was finally going to come true but in that dream of mine, my brother was standing next to me, by my side but now, all thanks to Enzo, i could not have pleasure of that.

"Could i talk to Jade in private?" Lorenzo asked, looking at me with his heated glare, daring me to refuse. I sighed knowing this moment was going to come whether i liked it or not. "Let's go to my room." I sighed, getting up from my seat and went to my room, knowing Lorenzo is following behind me.