10

[ JADE ]

I woke up with the ringing of my phone, apparently, it was my new assistant calling, telling me that i have a meeting with some people in 2 hours. And that's why im now wide awake, in the kitchen, making food for myself and for Lorenzo who was still sleeping. I thought it would be a nice gesture to make food for him and his parents before leaving.

After cooking and eating, i went to his garage and borrowed one of his cars to go home. He had a thousands, im sure he wouldn't notice.

Once home, I sneaked in my room, not wanting to get caught wearing a man's shirt and not in the mood to answer a thousand of questions. Luckily, everyone was still sleeping. I took a shower and glanced at the clock, i had 1 hour left before the meeting to start.

Sighing, i took out my phone and my eyes widened at the number of messages I've received from my friends, asking about my whereabouts and if im still alive. I snorted at Amy's message in which she asked if Enzo and i are having sex in the bathroom. That wouldn't be too bad but again, he is engaged.

Before i knew it, it was almost time for my meeting. I got into my car this time and drove to the building. I bursted the door open like i owned the place, which was the case. Everyone greeted me on my way to my office, where my assistant was waiting, adjusting her glasses and tapping her foot impatiently as she stood infront of my closed door.

"Finally you're here." She breathed out, i raised a questioning eyebrow at this. "Ive been here for 2 hours, arranging your schedule."

"It's your job." I stated, mentally rolling my eyes at her. "Yes but could you hurry up next time?" She asked making me glare at her. "Excuse me?"

"Im so sorry. I didn't mean to say that." She apologized. I shrugged, ignoring her before putting my key in the keyhole and twisted it open. "They are all here, waiting in the meeting room." My assistant reminded me. "Remind me your name?" I asked, trying to remember her name but no avail. "Elizabeth."

Nodding, i made my way to the meeting room, not wanting to waste more time. I opened the door of the meeting room, only to be greeted with a familiar pair of eyes looking at me with a smirk tugging on the corner of his lips.

"You took your time." He remarked, still smirking and completely ignored all the other pair of eyes in the room who was looking at me, us. I glanced at my watch sitting on wrist, "Did i?"

He shook his head with a smile, "No. By all means, let's start this meeting." I nodded, taking my seat which was next to him.

"Your father will not be joining us?" One of the man in the room asked. "My father is no longer the one leading. I am." I said.

"Oh?" He smirked, "Your father never mentioned he has a beautiful daughter." My eyes fell on Enzo for a second, seeing his fist clenched under the table, his glare directed on the man.

"Maybe we could spend some time together- outside office hours, of course." He smiled at me, waiting for my answer. I looked at the man talking to me and i shuddered in disgust. The man looked like he was in his 50s and he did not bother saying that in a low voice. The others were looking at us with curious stares.

"This is inappropriate." I stated in a professional voice, "Not only did you indirectly just ask me to have sex with you, you also did not think that we aren't alone and you completely forgotten the fact that im old enough to be your daughter."

"And im fucking engaged with your fucking daughter." Enzo growled, making my eyes widened in realisation. Oh my god.

"You're Chloe's father?" I questioned, not bothering to hide the disgust in my tone. He nodded, then shifted his gaze towards Enzo and instantly gulped. "Are you two friends?"

"Yes we are." Enzo rolled his eyes at him. Respect towards future father in law, enzo, respect. "By the way, tell your daughter im done with her. And you and i aren't doing business together anymore."

Well, that took a turn.