Episode 23

"Surprise, surprise, I'm at a fucking airport...again!" Louis grinned at the camera.

He checked in his bags before he continued his conversation.
"I'm on me way to New York to catch Harry's show at Madison Square garden. It's gonna be sick! Most importantly; Harry asked me to come because he has some sort of surprise for me. I have no idea what he has planned. Knowing Harry, it literally could be anything but I have a feeling that it's on the romantic side. He has been in South America touring and I have been in the studio working on an album, and let me tell you, it's really exciting. I can't wait for you to hear it! Unfortunately, that means that we haven't been able to see much of each other. Don't worry, we've kept our two-week rule but it's rough, you know what I mean? He's the love of my life and the one I want to spend my life with. Pretty hard to do that with our occupation. Alright, this quickly became a pity party. We're fine. Honestly."

He boarded the private jet and got comfortable, trying his best to catch some sleep so he wouldn't be too jet-lagged.

"Hi, it's me, Harry! I've just finished soundsheck for tonight's show. I'm waiting for Louis to arrive. I can't wait to see him and to treat him to a little surprise. No, I won't tell you what it is." Harry grinned at the camera.

A half-hour later Louis entered the green room and Harry ran up to him and greeted him enthusiastically. The cameraman zoomed in on their reunion kiss.
"Hi, baby." Louis said softly when they broke apart.

"Hi, Lou! I've missed you." Harry beamed.

"I've missed you too. So, here I am. What's the surprise?" Louis questioned.

"You'll have to wait and see." Harry giggled.

Louis rolled his eyes at him but he didn't push. He got seated in the VIP section when it was time for Harry to get on stage. He listened as Harry sang Only Angel, Woman, Ever since New York, Two ghosts, Carolina and Stockholm Syndrome.
"You know, I've been to a lot of his shows by now but I'll never get over how amazing he is up there and how great his songs are."

Harry looked up to where he was sitting and waved before he started the next song, Just a little bit of your heart.
"I almost wished that he hadn't given this song to Ariana, don't get me wrong, she's doing an amazing job performing it but there's something special about hearing Harry sing it."

After that Harry performed Medicine and Louis had an amused smirk on display the whole time. Harry performed Meet me in the hallway before he changed stages, stepping on a smaller B-stage. Louis leaned over the rail to get a good look at him.
"My amazing husband is up there in the VIP box tonight and I wanted to change stage to sing two special songs that I wrote especially for him." Harry announced. The audience screamed.

He sang Sweet creature and If I could fly and Louis was totally in the moment. He laughed when Harry took a long break before he sang the lines that he used to sing in If I could fly during their One Direction days.
"That's sweet. He knows they belong to me." Louis joked.

Harry ended the show by singing Anna, What makes you beautiful, and Sign of the times before he got off stage before the encore.
"Flawless as usual but I still haven't quite figured out what the surprise is." Louis commented.

Harry returned and performed From the dining table before he took a small break to speak to the audience.
"So I have a special surprise tonight. I don't know if you know this but growing up me and my family always listened to Shania Twain. Like constantly. So when Louis and I got married there was one song in particular that made our wedding day special. The song we had our first dance to. Louis, You're still the one. Please welcome Kacey Musgraves on stage to sing a duet with me."

"No way!" Louis gasped.

Kacey entered the stage and the audience cheered. Harry played the guitar and Kacey started to sing.

Looks like we made it
Look how far we've come, my baby
We mighta took the long way
We knew we'd get there someday

They said, "I bet they'll never make it"
But just look at us holding on
We're still together, still going strong, mm

Harry joined in on the chorus.

You're still the one I run to
The one that I belong to
You're still the one I want for life
(You're still the one)
You're still the one that I love
The only one I dream of
You're still the one I kiss good night

Harry sang the second verse alone. Louis was in tears by now.

Ain't nothin' better
We beat the odds together
I'm glad we didn't listen
Look at what we would be missin'

They said, "I bet they'll never make it"
But just look at us holding on
We're still together, still going strong

They sang the chorus again. Louis just stared at his husband with teary eyes and a fond look on display.

oh
You're still the one I run to
The one that I belong to
You're still the one I want for life
(You're still the one)
You're still the one that I love
The only one I dream of
You're still the one I kiss goodnight

Yeah (you're still the one)
You're still the one I run to
The one that I belong to
You're still the one I want for life, oh yeah
(You're still the one)
You're still the one that I love
The only one I dream of
You're still the one I kiss goodnight

I'm so glad we made it
Look how far we've come, my baby

"Kacey Musgraves! Madison Square Garden! Make some noise!"

The audience screamed. Louis wiped his face and clapped his hands.
"Fantastic surprise! Love it, loved it!"