Episode 24

"Hi, guys! Welcome to the life of the Tomlinsons. I'm watching crap tv and Harry is asleep. Exciting, huh?" Louis smirked.

"I'm glad to have him home though. His tour ended two days ago and he has been sleeping nonstop. Poor baby. He's exhausted. Obviously, I let him sleep but I also want to do something nice for him, you know, something that resembles a normal life. Not one where we are up on stages, traveling all over the world. Don't get me wrong, we both know how lucky we are, but sometimes you just want to have a pint of beer and grocery shopping or something. Keep your head out of the clouds. We're just normal people with abnormal jobs."

He got up and headed to the kitchen.
"Alright, first comes first. He must be fucking starving so I'm gonna make us some breakfast."

He looked around in the kitchen, seemingly confused.
"Ehm, alright, let's see. Where do we keep the pans?"

The cameraman giggled and he looked up.
"Hey! I know how to cook! Okay, that was a lie but let me remind you of a little dish I made back in the day. It was some chicken, stuffed with mozzarella wrapped in parma ham with some homemade mash. I totally impressed Harry with that one." He grinned.

When he had managed to locate the kitchen wear he needed he proceeded to cook hash browns, eggs, and sausages. He put the food on two plates when it was done and found a tray. He made tea as well. He stared at the end result with furrowed eyebrows and scratched the back of his neck.
"Ehm hopefully it will taste better than it looks."

He picked up the tray and made his way to the bedroom. Harry was sound asleep. He sat down on the bed and leaned over him and caressed his hair.
"Baby, it's time to wake up."

"What time is it?" Harry wondered, sounding disoriented and sleepy.

"More like which day is it. You've been sleeping for two days. Here, I made you some food." Louis said softly.

Harry yawned and sat up. His hair was a curly mess and he looked tired. Louis smiled fondly and put the tray on his lap. Harry examined the food.
"Oh, wow. Thanks, Lou." He smiled.

Louis turned the tv on and dug in. Harry shoved food into his mouth with quite the appetite.
"Thanks, I really needed to eat."

"No wonder. So, are you still exhausted or can I take you out on a surprise?" Louis wondered, trying his best to ignore the cameraman who was blocking the tv. He had gotten somewhat used to being filmed but that didn't mean that he appreciated that he couldn't see the tv.

"Yeah, a surprise sounds lovely but I really need a shower first. I stink." Harry chuckled.

"Can I join you?" Louis asked.

Harry smirked.
"Absolutely!"

As soon as they had finished their brunch they got up and headed to the bathroom, closing the door in front of the cameraman. They emerged an hour later. Louis grabbed the car keys and they headed out.
"Where are we going?" Harry wondered as soon as they were seated in the Range rover.

"It wouldn't be much of a surprise if I told you that." Louis laughed as he backed out from the driveway.

"Test of my patience." Harry pouted but fired off a dimpled smile.

His eyes grew wide when Louis parked outside a rescue center for dogs.
"No fucking way! We're finally getting a dog?" He screeched in excitement.

"I thought that we could at least check it out. We've been talking about getting a dog for so long now." Louis smiled.

Harry leaned over and smacked a wet kiss against his lips before he hurried to get out of the car. He walked around it and took Louis' hand before they strolled inside the center. A lady greeted them at the front desk and took them to a room full of dogs.
"Are they all without a home?" Harry asked, heartbroken from the sight.

"Yes." The lady confirmed.

They stopped at every stall, greeting the dogs that came up to the fence to greet them, barking and wiggling their tails.
"Lou, this is breaking me. Can we take all of them?" Harry whined.

"I wish we could, darling but we can't. We're always traveling." Louis sighed.

They made sure to pet all the dogs while they made their way down. In the last cage a black, furry puppy looked at them with big brown eyes.
"That one! It's the dog version of you." Louis said.

"He's too cute to find that offensive." Harry chuckled.

The lady took a step forward.
"This is a male labradoodle. Found on the streets. We think he's at least twelve weeks old."

"We'll take him." Harry and Louis said simultaneously.

Twenty minutes later they walked out of the center with a puppy. The little creature was scared. Harry held him in his arms and managed to get in the car with some trouble. Louis took a seat as well and petted the puppy.
"Okay, we didn't exactly think this through. We haven't prepared for a dog. We need to go shopping."

"We need to go home first because he just peed on me." Harry said and burst out laughing.

"Shit!" Louis cackled.

He drove them home and Harry got changed while Louis looked after the puppy. He picked up the phone and called Liam.
"Hi mate, are you in London by any chance?"

"Yeah, what's up?" Liam replied.

"Well, Harry and I just bought a puppy. Spur of the moment kind of thing. Are you busy? Like, right now? Any chance you can come over and watch him while Harry and I go and buy like food and stuff?" Louis wondered.

"You bought a dog? Without preparing for a dog? Louis!" Liam laughed.

"Well, he's cute!" Louis said.

"I'll be right over." Liam agreed.

"Thanks mate!" Louis beamed.

They lived close so Liam showed up twenty minutes later and fell in love with the puppy immediately. Harry and Louis hurried to the nearest pet store and returned home with a car filled with everything they needed and then some.

Liam stayed for the whole day. They hadn't seen each other in a long time and had some serious catching up to do even if the new puppy got most of their attention.
"What are you gonna name him?"

"Ehm, we haven't really discussed it. Rainbow?" Harry suggested.

"He's gonna be a big dog. He needs a strong name. Clifford?" Louis said.

"Clifford Rainbow Tomlinson." Harry grinned.

Louis rolled his eyes.
"Okay."