16. panic reaction

*NFSW* ahead missed you sm!

*NFSW* ahead
missed you sm!

The minute the guys and I arrived, Josh's brother was guiding us straight past the displayed tables with "power-fueled" punch and into the giant fraternity mansion of a house where they had all the booze. While making our way in, I was starting to wonder where the pint-drinking contests, beer pong rounds, and sexy sway-dancing sorority ladies were hiding. Josh's brother, Marcus, assured us his parties weren't often as contained from the public as this one, however, the last party he threw went on the page as one of the most disruptive, so he had to keep the party on the back porch for "safe-keeping." He was lucky either side was big enough to throw a wedding and a funeral at the same time.

The front lawn was filled with students who talked amongst themselves, pouring drinks, taking photos in front of the decorative lights, and gently swaying to the filthy music playing from the rave in the back. Marcus was serious about holding an image, but these people didn't seem to mind.

Besides, more room for us.

After Marcus made sure each of our hands had a red solo cup filled with an unnatural concoction, he led us to the backlot to play a game of beer pong. The tables were smeared with liquids I wasn't too sure were just booze, but Marcus' buddies cleared it off and started anew. The scene beyond me was straight out of a coming-of-age movie. Crazy fucking fraternity boys who were homeschooled since birth having their first taste of freedom, groupies and frat rats shaking drinks and ass, and finally, the sweet and supple newbies who make it awkwardly obvious of their first time but somehow end up the most obnoxious after 3 drinks.

It was all here and once upon a time, it made me laugh. Hell, maybe even giggle.

Staring at the middleman timing our 4th round, I couldn't help but cringe. I had managed to slip in some laughs when we first started playing, Carter, Josh, and I sharing a side while Marcus and two of his frat buddies shared the other. Marcus and his team were good, but not even to win. The feeling was exhilarated for the most part. Then, after grabbing a refill of my drink, I felt awkward. I was hoping it was the type of awkward where I'd get unnecessarily drunk enough to not understand anything I'm feeling, but no, it hasn't hit me.

So, I'm standing in the kitchen and staring out the window. The boys managed a winning streak so far and from the looks of Marcus' team, they weren't about to lose so easily. They'd be there for a while.

Tugging my front jean pocket, I managed to pull out my phone and check for any notifications that I'm sure were left untouched since this afternoon. Before carpooling with Carter and the guys, it wasn't easy finding something to do while I waited around for them, especially when I didn't have a car. However, Mabel's messages had done some good in occupying my nerves in the meantime. She had texted me a couple of hours after I had dropped Luna off to meet with my now former principal.

Mabel: You're some kind of idiot for thinking bringing a child to a bar was the responsible thing to do.

Mabel: Anyway, she's a cutie and has been incredibly patient with me while I handle the front. I kept her in my office and check on her regularly if you were wondering.