14. only option

"Eggs are gross

"Eggs are gross."

"You're gross."

Molly stuck her tongue out childishly at the blonde-headed boy leaning besides her on the counter. Michael countered-back with a devilish grin mid-chew from his breakfast sandwich.

I rolled my eyes, eyeing the McDonalds bag that they had brought for breakfast this morning. I'm not the biggest advocate for healthy eating, but I wasn't careless either. Conner would kick my ass if he ever found out I've been slacking off, and that McDonalds bag isn't helping with my urges. However, I hadn't had time to train in a while, so I was already in deep shit.

Conner had called almost an hour before Michael and Molly decided to show up with breakfast. It's been almost three nights with Luna in my care and honestly it was terrifying to me. The urge to push her away was there, but not very forceful. There was something that kept her here and it really was beginning to piss me off. I attempted to convince myself it wasn't something as soppy as 'she reminds me of my younger self ' or 'I understand her situation, so I can't let her go back' —
but all my pathetic attempts were just that-

Pathetic.

Conner didn't sound so pleased to hear that Luna was still in fact at my place. I rarely updated him on this whole situation, only because I suspected I'd get an ear-full the minute I called.

And I was correct.

"It's about damn time you answered my calls, cabrón! Where the fuck have you been?! You haven't been showing up to your training and competitors are starting to beat your reputation to a pulp! I'm sick of defending your ass when you should be here doing it yourself! What the fuck have you been doing?!"

I couldn't help but wince as I jerked my phone away from my ear. I immediately regretted picking up his call, but I knew I couldn't hide from him forever.

Fuck, he knows where I live.

I cleared my throat and took a deep breath, "Listen, I'm sorry, man. It's just..... I've been busy."

I could picture a single eyebrow raising at my reasoning, "Busy?"

"Yes."

"Doing what, exactly? Because, as far as I'm concerned, the only thing you should be busy with is getting your ass down here and sucker-punching the fuck out of this punching bag!" He scolded, the sound of growl-like grunts and slaps of skin becoming much more clearer from the other end.

"I fucking know, Conner, but you have to understand my situation right now!" I pinched the bridge of my nose in frustration, hoping to release the build-up tension from these past three days in one heavy sigh.