12. honesty is my only policy

The minute Michael bursts through my front door while toying with the shiny metal around his ring finger, I knew something wasn't right

The minute Michael bursts through my front door while toying with the shiny metal around his ring finger, I knew something wasn't right. After years of friendship with someone who refuses to leave your side, it wasn't difficult to read him. It had been a couple hours since the girls left to the mall. Molly at some point messaged me to make some space in my closet once they came back, giving me a good idea as to how much they've spent.

The entire morning, however, I was occupied. It's been two days since I've heard anything from Layla and honestly I could care less. The women hadn't even triggered a memory of the last confrontation we had, especially with Luna in the picture.

She hadn't stopped spamming my messages all morning, emailing me threats to open up her 35 messages from an unknown number after I ignored her texts. She called, spammed my socials, even called my home phone after I blocked her second account on every social media platform I owned. It was safe to say she was angry.

She refused to accept I was completely done with her after she was the one to cut things off after confessing she's been having an affair with her dad's secretary. An 'affair' is a cute term of putting it, but really, what we had was on and off. It's not like we ever made it official.

I was just someone who so happened to be able to tolerate her insufferable behavior and make her feel good. To me, she was just a distraction. I never hid my intentions, so her show of being the victim is just pointless to me.

The pounding in my head hadn't subsided since, the blare of my ringtone echoing in my head. Michael's foot tapping and loud nail chewing didn't help with the aching either. The way he dashed inside without a single word was unsettling to me. I had noticed his distress, but made no move to comment.

It was when Molly furiously yanked my front door open that Michael had snapped his head up at the sound of her loud stomps. The door, practically flying from it's hinges, hits the wall with a loud thud. Molly's fiery red-hair seemed to combust as she muttered a line of curses under her breath. Hot on her heels, Luna hurriedly stumbled in, afraid she'd be left behind as the door slammed shut behind her.

Michael glared at the fiery redhead, "Hey, hothead! Want to explain your fucking phone call?!"

"Shut up!" She snapped, furiously running her fingers through her hair and tugging. I had no idea what had Molly so riled up and the fact that Michael completely bursted at the sight of her gave me no peace of mind. Any harder, she'd rip all the hair follicles on her scalp. Luna hasn't moved from her spot besides the door, hugging her torso with her arms. She innocently watched Molly pace back and forth, her big brown eyes showing concern.

Michael scoffed, narrowing his eyes at her as he darted over to where Luna shyly stood. He crouched down and pulled her into a tight hug, "Jesus, kid, you've got to stop wandering off. I practically pissed my pants when I got Molly's call." He pressed her tightly to his chest, her small arms circling his neck in comfort. Her eyes widened, pulling back to stare at his face. She mumbled something I couldn't hear, but the way she shamefully bowed her head was enough for me to finally cut in before the ringing in my head got any worse.