Chapter 7: Michael Afton

He didn't trust the animatronic bear. Regardless of what it told him, he wasn't falling for an animatronic's tricks again. He had trusted Circus Baby, his sister and he ended up dead. Based on his father's notes, what Freddy was saying didn't make sense. His notes describe ways souls were put into animatronics and what Freddy had said wasn't one of them.

"Okay, well why did you want to talk to me? There must be some other reason than explaining what you remembered," Michael asked the animatronic.

"The voice that helped me remember it said that I had to complete my mission. To finally defeat our father once and for all and put an end to all the pain he had caused. However, I don't exactly know how to do that. Although I have remembered who I am, my memories are still fuzzy."

"My research is on the wall over there," Michael started pointing at his corkboard, "The um... The... The blueprint for the scooper... has some information about remnant that might be useful," Michael continued. "But first are you planning on explaining this, who you are to Gergory?"

The animatronic bear paused for a moment thinking, "I am not sure. This may be too confusing for him to understand. But he may find out regardless," Freddy stared at Michael for a few seconds before turning his attention to his evidence board. The bear stared at it for a few minutes without saying anything until pointing to one of the articles it asked, "What's this?" Michael got off his bed and walked over, still keeping his distance from the bear. Once closer Michael was able to see he was pointing to the newspaper clippings about the failed horror attraction.

"I saw them in the paper. I had a theory that my father was there but it burned down before I had the chance to check the place out. I was able to get my hands on a few of the items they found. Not sure why anyone else would want them, must have been some kind of collector," Michael explained looking at a box on his floor that contained the parts he had managed to get from the auction.

"I guess I should try to burn him again," Freddy said looking back at the scooper blueprint.

"That's stupid. You two just explained how your dad has been through multiple fires but continues to come back. Can't you just get rid of him he's probably like 100 years old or something," Gregory said walking into the room. Michael and Freddy just stared at him for a few minutes.

"He's not that old, I'm only 50 years old," Michael said in response.

"Really? You look really old." Gregory said, tilting his head.

"Superstar!" Freddy said, staring at Gregory.

"Sorry, but can't you just try something other than fire? Maybe if we kidnap officer Vannase she'll-"

"No we can't do that, I'm not sure why you are so adamant that she has something to do with all of this. Officer Vannesa is just trying to do her job and make sure nothing happens to you," Freddy said, causing Gregory to sigh and roll his eyes.

"How about we continue talking outside of my bedroom," Michael suggested. His room wasn't that large and there was no reason to stay in here if Gregory had been listening to the two of them talk.