𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗹𝗶𝗲

please listen to the song as it kinda relates to bits of this

After Livvy drops me off, I walk up and knock on the door. 

"JUST A MOMENT," I hear Sky say before she opens the door. "Oh. Hi Charles."

"Charlie," I correct.

"Charles," she says, grinning. "I take it you're here to see Cammy?"

"Yep."

"Alright, just don't have too much fun," she says, winking.

I sigh. "You know I don't like her in that way Sky."

"Don't keep lying to yourself. HEY CAMMY YOUR BOYFRIEND'S HERE."

"HE'S NOT MY BOYFRIEND!" 

"See?" I say. 

Sky laughs and shoves me towards the stairs. "Go!"

Laughing, I walk upstairs, and knock on Cammy's door. She opens it, smiling brightly. A little too brightly.

"You alright?" I ask her. "You seem a bit off."

She sighs. "No, actually I am not." She sits down on her bed, motioning me to do the same. "Am I a horrible friend?"

"What? No!" I exclaim. "Why would you ever think that, you're amazing!"

"I appreciate you saying that, I really do, but I'm really starting to doubt myself."

"But why..." I stop when I see her tearing up. 

"Can I just have a hug?" Cammy whispers. I nod, and bring her into a warm hug. "Thanks Charlie," she says. 

"Hey, I'm here for you. Always." I say, looking her in the eyes. 

"Thanks," she whispers, tears starting to spill from her gorgeous blue eyes. "It's just- everything, I guess. Everyone's always expected me to be perfect, all the time, and it's hard. I'm never enough for them. They all say I'm a failure. But not you. Never you."

I could scream, but I try to restrain myself. 

"I always push myself away from people," she continues. "I don't want to end up hurt all over again. So I'm sorry for all the times I've been cold to you. I didn't even want to consider you'd be like them."

I rub her back. "Cammy, I'd never do anything to harm you. I hope you know that."

"I do now...." Cammy says quietly. "But how can I live like this, like a life time of remorse? Please just tell me a way to make the pain easier. Just make it go quiet inside, please stop the thousands of voices echoing over and over again in my head."

Since I can't think of anything to say, I just hug her, hoping it'll provide her a little bit of comfort, though short. 

"Hey," I murmur. "Hey, no matter what's going on,  I'm always here for you, and I'll always love you uncondition-" she jerks away from me. "What?"

"Shoot I just made things weird didn't I-" 

Cammy stiffens. "Maybe you should leave. And we can talk about this later."

So, I get up and walk out. But I swear I see her blush before I look away.

Maybe I didn't screw shit up after all.