𝗭𝗼𝗲𝘆

After I stop texting Amelia, I have to wonder why she'd by fighting with Livvy, over a boy of all things. It just doesn't make any sense. I sigh, and open my phone to text Sky, see if she can help me pack, since I can't seem to get myself together today. Thankfully, she's free, and I sigh and lay down on the floor. I close my eyes and find a little bit of solace-

"HEY! ZOEY!"

I literally jump ten feet in the air. "FOR THE LOVE OF SATAN WHAT ARE YOU DOING ROWAN!" I say, glaring at my older brother. He just laughs. "I knew I'd catch you unawares sometime!"

Still glaring at him, I get up and make everything a little neater. "Well get out. Sky's gonna be here soon."

He raises an eyebrow. "Sky? The cute brunette?"

"Rowan, you are 2 years older than her."

"Oh yes, what a massive age gap, my apologies," he says, winking. I just sigh and shove him out. "Why do I have to deal with him," I mutter. I sigh for the hundredth time, and open one of my many Percy Jackson books, hoping that will help with me being bored. It slowly does. 

About five minutes later I hear Sky's familiar voice.  I smile, and run downstairs to greet her. "Sky! Hey!" I exclaim. She grins. "Hey, how's my favourite gal?"

"Bored, that's what," I laugh. "C'mon, I need help packing."

She winks. "But of course."

I grab her hand, and we run up the stairs, ignoring the fact that my mother has banned running. We laugh, and slowly I actually get packed for once.                                                                                               I love Sky. She's been my best friend since kindergarten, and I couldn't imagine life without her. She's everything to me. (No, not in that way, it's totally platonic).

After I was packed, we sat on my bed. "Did you hear that Livvy and Amelia are fighting?" I asked Sky. She looks at me in shock and concern. "No, is everything alright between them?" I shake my head. "Amelia's started dating some boy. Livvy got mad for god knows why."

Sky raised an eyebrow. "Maybe she's jealous?" I shrug. "I have no idea. Don't ask me."

"I've seen the way she looks at Ammy," Sky said softly. "I think, Livvy's in love."

"With who? The guy?"

Sky nudges me. "Oh you know that boys have never caught her particular interest."

I froze. "Wait, are you hinting that she's..?"

She shakes her head. "I don't know for sure. But I've suspected it for years." 

Looking back, I can't see how I didn't suspect it earlier. It was so blatantly obvious, if I'd payed enough attention. But I was never good at stuff like this anyway.

"Well anyway, she can't stay mad forever. I say we get her in one spot on the bus, and see what's bothering her."

"Deal,"