Chapter 9

Your POV

You walked slightly behind Marlon, Oddsock following beside you. Marlon was leading the two of you to the bridge that led to the Ziggurat, so you could find the three marbles and re-awaken Toggle.

After reaching the bridge, Marlon gave the two of you a dramatic farewell and walked away. He seemed a little sad to leave, but he said nothing.

As you and Oddsock walked along the bridge, a familiar voice rang out.

"Ah, if it isn't my dear friend Y/n!" You stopped and turned, only to face the eery purple of possessed Newton's face. He smiled at the shock and fear in your eyes, knowing you'd do nothing to hurt him.

"What are you doing here?" You whispered, clenching your fists. Newton's smile somehow grew even bigger.

"Why, I'm here to take Manglewood! And if you would be so kind, I'd appreciate it if you would hand over the dog," Newton chirped, holding out his hand. You lowered your hand, unable to look at him any longer. It hurt to see the once kind look in his eyes replaced with malice and revenge.

"I-I," you stopped and swallowed. "I'm afraid I can't do that."

"Tch. Such a shame. However, I must keep you alive, for I have such big plans for you," Newton hummed, emphasizing the word 'big.' You looked back up at him, confused, but he didn't elaborate.

Instead, he released a green entity, the first Titan. Old film parts and other various things moved to whirl around the Titan, and Newton ran off with a smile on his face.

As soon as he was gone, Oddsock turned to you and began barking. You couldn't understand him, so he pointed a paw in the direction of the Ziggurat and barked louder. You frowned but nodded.

With that, you turned and ran towards the Ziggurat.

Newton's POV

Newton panicked. Just what did the Titans have in mind for his dear Y/n? It scared him, and there wasn't anything he could do about it.

He mentally beat himself up, blaming himself for all the stuff that was happening. He didn't even notice the yellow and purple entities watching him with amusement.

(Word count: 368)