Chapter 3

I go down the stairs and wait for Ash at the bottom of them. He descends them in his turn while staring at me.

Ashtray's thoughts, "Why did she react that way?"

I stare into his eyes then he ushers me into his room.

-Ash: You can sit down, after all we have to stay here together.

-Me: Thanks I guess...

I pull out my phone but I feel a stare coming on.

-Me: What? Why are you staring at me?

-Ash: I'm not staring at you! Stop fooling yourself!

-Me: But of course, you think I'm not seeing you?

He doesn't answer and sits down in front of me.

-Ash: Why did you react like that earlier?

-Me: What do you mean? I asked him.

-Ash: You looked like you were scared.

-Me: You're imagining things too!

There is silence again. I lie down on his bed and turn to be with my back to him. For a long moment I stay on my phone and Ashtray doesn't make any noise.

I turn around to look at him then I see him doing something on the computer. He doesn't pay attention to me so I take the opportunity to get up and leave his room. I go up the stairs but I hear Fezco talking with two men. It must be Mouse and another man. I know how it goes, I've been there before at drug sales. With my father

I remember Fezco's words, telling us to stay downstairs without making noise but I decide to do the opposite and go upstairs. Trying not to make any noise so as not to attract anyone's attention. I'm at the top of the stairs and I keep sneaking up to try to hear their discussion.

-Mouse: If I don't have the money in the next hour, the business will change for you!

-Fezco: I already told you man, I don't work that way. I'm giving you what we agreed to in the first place.

-Mouse: I told you, pay 20 percent more or we'll change our tune.

After this sentence I hear the sound of a gun going off. I am not afraid for me but for Fezco. Before I left, Fezco was my best friend. But, when I say "best friend" I am not kidding. We have known each other since we were children and we have always been together. We cried together, we laughed together, we messed around together. So if he had problems, they were my problems too. We had made a promise to each other when we were kids.

"We will always help each other and we will always be best friends."

After I left I didn't have another friend, Fezco remained the only one. I remembered this sentence and I had to act. So I thought about how I could help Fezco. My gaze fell on a hammer and my thought was clear. There is no room for hesitation! I take the hammer without making a sound and wait for the right moment. I am on the side and Fezco saw me but did not react for fear of what could happen to me. To crown it all, Ashtray had noticed my absence and was near the stairs. I met his gaze telling me to do nothing but he noticed that my decision was already made.

Ashtray's thoughts: "She is crazy, she is going to die. I don't want to But what do I say."

Mouse is about to shoot Fezco so I lunge and give a blow to Mouse who falls straight to the ground. Then I take care of his accomplice.

( You know the scene )

-Fezco: Kylee! What the hell! Kie! What the hell did you do?

-Me: We made a promise to protect each other! And now I had to!

Fezco comes and hugs me.

-Fezco: Are you okay?

I don't answer because I have just killed a man and seriously injured one. My eyes remain fixed on Mouse's body, lying lifeless on the ground.

-Fezco: Kylee! Kylee! Kie!

I come to my senses without answering Fezco. Ashtray enters the room and sees what I just did.

-Ash: Finally someone had to do it, I would have done it otherwise.

He expects me to answer but I do the opposite. Which confuses him a bit.

Ashtray's thoughts: "Why doesn't she answer?"

Fezco approaches Ashtray and then the two start arguing about me.

-Fezco: I asked you to look after her!

-Ash: I am not a nanny I remind you! She's old enough, how old is she? So that's it!

They continue to argue and meanwhile I clean the hammer. I know exactly how to react to these situations. So I clean the "weapon" and then I lock the other one in the bathroom so that he stops yelling. Then I take care of the body and put it in the trunk of the car. I take the keys and leave without saying anything while the two of them are still arguing.

-Fezco: But where is Kylee?

-Ash: I don't know

-Fezco: Damn it!

-Ash: Where is the body and where is the other one?

-Fezco: I don't know!

In the meantime, I'm going down to the river to dump the body.