Chapter 5

The day passes, I wander in the streets without really being aware of where I was going until nightfall. I leave in the direction of the meeting point. The sun begins to set to give way to the night and its darkness. Drops start to fall and then the torrential night takes place. I pedal until the construction site and arrived there I see Nate's car. But he is not in it or next to it. I put my bike on the ground and hold a penknife hidden carefully in my pocket for I don't want to think about it.

I walk forward and weave between the beams, I'm going into a maze.

-Me: What have I gotten myself into again?

But right after this sentence someone pushes me violently against a wall and tackles me.

-Nate: Hi Kylee!

-Me: Nate.

He chokes me as I pull out my knife and slash his arm. I get the upper hand and beat him until he bleeds. We are in the rain fighting. Blood mixing with rain, anger mixing with violence. We both had our reasons to fight.

-Nate: You're a whore! You're sleeping with my dad!

After this sentence, flashes come back. Nate's father, my father, the strangers around and me Around them, an object passing through each man's hands. In turn, he did what he wanted with me. The sadness, the fear come back. Nate takes the opportunity to get up and throw me into the water.

-Me: It wasn't me! Your father is a pervert!

-Nate: Say that again!

-Me: Your father is a pervert!

He runs towards me but I manage to take my penknife and stab him in the leg. He falls to the ground and screams:

-Nate: No!

I get up but without taking care Nate takes a piece of glass on the ground and he throws himself on me, I didn't have the time to dodge him. Then what had to happen happened. The piece of glass was there, in my stomach. I fell to the ground but I didn't feel the pain more than that. The incomprehension was stronger or maybe the drug... Nate left, limping in his car and then he drove off leaving me there, alone

-Me: I have to go

I walk along the road, limping, smelling every moment of fall. I don't know why I make this choice, but I decide to go to Fezco's house. Even after our fight, it could be 10 pm or 2 am, I don't know and I don't care. When I arrive at Fezco's, I don't knock and enter without making any noise. I have the spare key and I open the door without making any noise. I walk down the hallway without paying attention to the blood dripping and staining the floor. But I notice that the living room light is on. I decide to go quickly but I am hurt so the word quickly means slowly. Ashtray is sitting on the couch and sees me walk by.

-Ashtray: Kylee? What the hell are you doing here!

-Me: I go to the bathroom, I come back.

I go into the bathroom then start crying. I lift up my shirt and see the piece of glass. I grab a towel, put it in my mouth to avoid making as much noise as possible and pull the glass out. I scream into the towel in pain.

-Me: Ahhhhh

Ashtray's thoughts: What the hell is she doing?

I throw the glass in the sink and walk out of the bathroom without cleaning anything. I take a second towel and put it under my T-shirt so that too much blood doesn't come out and show. I take a sweater that is I don't know whose and go out. I try my best to walk straight and I go to sit on the sofa, in front of Ashtray.

Ashtray's thoughts: Why is it so white?

-Ashtray: Why did you put on my sweater!

-Me: Hum I am sorry I

Fezco can be heard shouting:

-Fezco: Damn it! What's all this blood!

Ashtray looks at me and understands everything. As for Fezco, he comes into the living room to see us.

-Fezco: Kylee? It is yours all this blood!

-Me: Nah

-Fezco: Then whose is it? Huh!

-Me: It's mine...

-Ashtray: Fezco, I'm not sure that

-Fezco: Shut up! Kylee whose is it! Ashtray: You're gonna answer me and stop your bullshit! I'm your best friend but I can't help you anymore! You don't tell me anything anymore!

-Me: I

Fezco grabs my arm but the towel I had hidden falls off soaked in blood.

-Fezco: Kylee

I fall to the ground. Fezco throws himself on me and takes off my sweater.

-Fezco: Shit

-Ashtray: What's wrong with her!

-Fezco: Look

They look at me as I start to feel not so good anymore.

-Me: I'm fine

-Fezco: Nope! You're not fine! Ashtray starts the car! We're taking him to the hospital!

Ashtray runs to start the car while Fez puts me in the back seat.

Fezco starts the car and Ashtray gets in the back with me.

-Me: Ashtray

-Ashtray: Ash! Call me Ash

-Me: Ash

I offer him my hand and hesitantly he takes it. I shake it because I admit it, I'm afraid. Scared of what's going to happen.

-Ash: She's losing too much blood! Move it!

-Fezco: I do what I can!

Ash presses on my wound to slow down the bleeding.

-Me: I'm going to die...

-Ash: No you're not going to die! Don't say that, you're really stupid!

-Me: Dumb

-Ash: I didn't mean that

I don't answer him then silence