Chapter 4

Here I am at the edge of the river, sitting down after having thrown the body into it. I remained frozen, without thought, like a statue that could not express a feeling. The sun was beginning to rise and a ray landed on my cheek. I regained my senses and got up to walk to the car. During the drive, my thoughts turn to my mother and my sisters.

-Me: What if they all found out the truth

It wasn't a long drive back to Fezco's house. Once there, I enter the house as if nothing had happened and head for the bathroom. The boys look at each other with incomprehension and hear screams. It's not mine of course but that of the accomplice who just has a broken nose.

-Me: Seriously? You yell so much for that, it's nothing!

I take him to the living room where Ashtray and Fezco are.

-Fezco: But where did you go like that?

-Me: I took care of what I did. And now I finish

I take some plaster and start to heal the guy, without paying attention of course.

-Ouch!

-Me: Stop screaming you're breaking my ears yelling like a girl!

I finish treating him and he leaves, promising not to say anything to anyone. It is almost 6 o'clock and I go to sit on the sofa. Fezco is right next to me and Ashtray stares at me as usual.

-Me: Aren't you tired of staring at me all the time?

-Fezco: Kylee? What's been going on for the last 3 years? You didn't even tell me where you were! And why did you want drugs last night?

I'm not answering that.

-Fezco: Kylee?

-Me: You don't want to let go of me at the end! Basically I came to see you again, to see how you were doing and to get something for me! But it didn't go as planned. I killed someone to save your ass! So I'm asking you to shut up and watch TV!

No one says anything but their eyes all say.

-Me: That's it I'm going!

I leave Fezco's pissed off but at the same time I picked up a few things that might cheer me up. The name I don't know but it seems to work well. So before getting back on the bike, I take the pill and life gets better. The feeling of flying is there, of existing, of having no more problems and of being free!

My phone rings, it's Lexie.

-Lexie: Kylee but where are you?

-Me : Hum hum I went out to see a friend I had warned mom don't worry.

-Lexie: If I worry, everyone worries! You are not well!

-Me: But if I am fine, don't worry. Let the big one take care of everything! I love you, go kisses!

I hang up the phone and pass a girl smoking a joint. I stop:

-Me: Hi

-Hi

-Me: What are you smoking?

-Do you want to try it?

-Me: Go ahead

-What's your name?

-Me: Kylee Howard and you?

-Street... Bennett Street!

-Me: Hi, Bennett Street! Well sorry but I have to go, maybe see you next time!

-Bye!

I just made my first acquaintance in town besides Fezco. And Ashtray I'm not going to lie Ashtray to a thing. Wow! But what am I saying. I'm not well!

I go home but I receive a call again.

-Me: Fezco what do you want from me again!

-It is not Fezco!

-Me: But then who are you. I don't know any other masked number!

-Yes you do!

-Me: Nate...

-Maybe... Meet me at the address I send you, we need to talk! In 1 hour there and come alone.

He hangs up and I know exactly what he is talking about. So I leave towards the meeting point, near the constructions of his father. A very gloomy place for a conversation also gloomy.