Part 22

No words. I have no excuses, there is no explanation. I just fell out of love with miraculous and with writing. It's no longer a hobby of mine. But for a while now, I've honestly felt really bad for leaving you guys hanging. I hated when I stories I read were incomplete. Something happened in my life and now I need a distraction. So it's your lucky day, I'm finishing this story. No guarantee it will be good though, I don't know what the heck is going on LOL.

****

Adrien's POV:

"Yeah, sure okay. What is it?" She asked, her eyes filled with curiosity.

I looked around, noticing the students return to campus. "I'll tell you later, meet me by the Eiffel Tower, tonight at 10."

"10? That's kinda late, don't you think?" She raised a brow, seeming a bit confused.

"Please, Marinette. I really want to tell you this," I pleaded.

She hesitated for a moment, "Okay. I'll see you at 10."

She smiled and I couldn't help but smile back. She kissed me on the cheek and headed for the door, "I'll see you later. I'm gonna go make sure everyone's okay."

"You're incredible."

"You have no idea," She winked, walking out the door.

As soon as I was alone, Plagg flew out of my jacket pocket. "What do you think you're doing?" Plagg seemed irritated.

"I can't keep this big of a secret from my girlfriend, Plagg," I sighed.

"You know Ladybug said not to share your identities with anyone!" He reminded me.

"Ladybug will never know." I crossed my arms.

"Sugarcube isn't gonna be happy about this." He huffed, flying back into my jacket. ***I shifted my weight between my feet as I waited for Marinette to arrive. I was really nervous about how she was going to react but I needed to tell her. Just as I began to worry she wasn't going to show, I saw her walking toward me.

I quickly leaned against the tower, trying to present myself as cool. "Hey there, princess," I smiled.

"Chat Noir? What are you doing here?" She asked, standing in front of me.

"Well I - " I began but she quickly interrupted me.

"Have you seen Adrien? I'm supposed to be meeting him here," She looked past me, her eyes scanning the area.

"Yeah, well about that - " I tried to continue but she interrupted me again.

"You didn't chase him away, did you?" She crossed her arms.

"Wha -? No!"

"Then where is he? And what are you doing here?"

"Marinette, this - " I gestured towards myself, "This is what I wanted to tell you."

"What?" She furrowed her brows.

"Plagg, claws in!"

Her eyes widened in shock and she quickly covered her eyes, "Chat, what the hell are you doing?"

"Marinette, I can't keep this a secret from you. You need to know that I'm -"

"Stop talking!" She shouted.

"Marinette ... "

"You're not supposed to share your identity with anyone! You know that!" She kept her eyes covered, turning away from me, "I'm gonna leave now and I'll pretend this never happened."

She started to walk away, dropping her hands. I grabbed her wrist, spinning her around to look at me. She had no time to react as I stood in front of her.

"It's me, Adrien. I'm Chat Noir." I simply stated.

Her mouth fell open as she stared at me. She took a few seconds to process but anger consumed her features. She yanked her arm away from me, "What did you just do?"

I was taken back, was she not happy? Was she disappointed? I couldn't read her.

"I'm leaving. Goodbye," She snapped, her voice bringing me out of my thoughts.

I felt my heartbreak. She seemed so, I don't even know. Was this going to change everything? Was she going to break up with me?

Marinette's POV:

What the hell was he thinking? Adrien has been Chat Noir this whole time? Adrien and I had just been kissing back and forth this whole time, liking only each other? I couldn't figure out how I was feeling. I was so angry with him, for going against me and sharing his identity. But a part of me was relieved, Adrien was Chat Noir. My unresolved feelings for Chat were suddenly crystal clear upon learning my feelings were for the same person.

I got so lost in my thoughts, I hadn't heard Adrien running up behind me. "Marinette, please ... can we talk?" He was right behind me.

I stopped and turned to face him, he almost bumped into me. "Adrien, I - "

"I'm sorry I told you. It was a stupid idea, can we just pretend this didn't happen? I can give back my miraculous, we can forget I was ever him. But please, just don't go. Marinette, please don't go." He pleaded, the words swiftly pouring out of him.

"What? No, I don't want you to give it back. I just ... " I stared down at my shoes, should I tell him?

"What is it, Marinette?"

"I guess ... I guess there's something I wanna tell you, too." I looked up at him, "I'm Ladybug."

His eyes widened slightly, then he laughed. I rolled my eyes and began walking away again. I felt a twinge of hurt at his reaction. Am I really that pathetic that the idea of me being Ladybug is comical? I felt anger bubble in my chest and I came to a halt and marched back to him, shoving him.

"What was that for?" He asked, hardly budging.

"For being a jerk," I crossed my arms, "I didn't realize that the idea of me being Ladybug is so comedically pathetic."

"What? No! I'm sorry I - " He reached out for me but I stepped back.

"No. Really, tell me. Do you really view me as some idiot girl who couldn't possibly be Ladybug?" Tears stung my eyes but I refused to let them fall.

"I never said that!"

"Your laughter did."

"Marinette, I'm sorry. I didn't mean ... I just thought it was funny that at the beginning of this," He inched closer again but this time I didn't back away, "I was so confused about my feelings."

"What do you mean?"

"Truthfully, I was so conflicted about my feelings for Ladybug," He slowly intertwined his fingers with mine, gently yanking me forward, "And my stronger feelings for you."

"You like me more than Ladybug?"

"Marinette, I adore you." His face was close to mine, I could feel his breath on my skin.

"I love you."

He smiled as he leaned forward and softly kissed me, "I am so lucky my two favorite people are really just one super amazing girl."

"You're not so bad yourself," I winked, "We should go. It's late."

Still holding his hand, I led him to a more discrete location. Tikki flew out of my purse at the same time Plagg, as Tikki called him, flew out of Adrien's jacket.

"I figured this might be the safest way home," I smiled, "Ti -"

Before I could finish, Adrien kissed me, "I'll see you tomorrow, bugaboo. Plagg claws out!"

"Bye, kitty." I smiled as he leapt away.

I could feel Tikki looking at me but I couldn't tear my eyes away from him. I was mesmerized by him. I can't believe I'm here, dating Adrien Agreste, all because we got paired together for the project.