Part 15

Marinette's POV:

"Did you tell Adrien he can't be with you because he deserves to be with ... you?" Tikki asked me as I walked into my room.

"I said someone like Ladybug, I didn't say her. But yeah, I guess I did. It's just Ladybug isn't me. She's a persona," I sighed, sitting on my bed.

"Marinette, you are as amazing as Ladybug because you and Ladybug are one in the same."

"Clearly not because Adrien doesn't see me that way." I stared at the ceiling.

"Yes he does! That's why he asked you out! I mean you heard what he said in class today. Marinette, accept his offer. You'll regret it if you don't," Tikki exclaimed, resting on my shoulder.

"I ... I don't know. I also heard what Chloe said. And she didn't say anything that wasn't true." I stared at the floor, feeling tears prick my eyes.

Tikki flew down so I had no choice but to look at her, "You're not an idiot, Marinette. You're incredibly bright."

"I can't say yes to him, Tikki. If I do, Chloe's bullying will only get worse." I walked away, sitting on my chaise.

"Chloe has never really bothered you before. Why is she now?" Tikki asked.

"I guess I just don't want to be in a relationship where my boyfriend is insulted and ridiculed because of me." I shrugged.

"Chloe would never stoop that low to harass Adrien," Tikki reassured me, "And I think Chloe would eventually mature and get over it."

I stayed silent for a moment, "You're right. I can't throw out this opportunity because of one person. I'm gonna say yes. I'm gonna go on a date with Adrien."

I grabbed my phone off my desk, I was about to call him when I looked out my window and saw Adrien, with a girl I've never seen before, holding hands.

Adrien had a bright smile across his face and the girl's cheeks were dusted with a light blush.

I set my phone down as a tear rolled down my cheek when he leaned in and gave the mystery girl a kiss.

"Marinette, what's wrong?" Tikki flew next to me and looked out the window, "Oh my."

"I told you. I'm not good enough for Adrien Agreste. And I never will be." I turned away and grabbed my story from a few days ago, "The peasant never gets the prince in reality. She always loses."

HELLO IM ALIVE. I'm sorry I'm inconsistent and I really have no excuses. Mental health's been bad and school's been overwhelming. So here's a small update that really doesn't make up for a lack of updates but yeet.