Part 13

Adrien's POV: 

"This is really good," Marinette smiled, handing me my paper. 

"You have a really pretty smile," I took the paper, scanning over the draft. 

She blushed and looked away, "I'm gonna go get a snack, want anything?" 

"A croissant, please," I answered. 

She nodded and headed downstairs. I stood up and looked at her desk, noticing the notebook from earlier. I carefully picked up the notebook, flipping through the pages. I came across a story she had been working and skimmed through it. "Wow, this is ...  this is so well written. It's almost as if she's ... as if she's actually going through this," I whispered to Plagg. 

"I'm back," She announced as she entered the room. 

I quickly closed the notebook, throwing it onto her desk and spinning around. 

"Did you ... did you read my ...?" Her face turned a bright red as she looked away.

"Go on a date with me," I blurted. 

"Pardon?" Her eyes widened as her head snapped in my direction. 

"I know like nothing about you and all you wanna do is work on this project. So, go on a date with me." 

"That's ... that's a terrible idea. Chloe, she'll be so upset." 

"Who cares about Chloe? I don't." 

"No, I couldn't ... I can't." 

I stepped closer to her, "Think about it." 

"I ... I um ..." 

"Just, think about it." 

She tucked her hair behind her ear and bit her lip, "Okay, I'll think about it. Now can we please just finish this damn project?" 

"Of course, m'lady," I laughed, bowing slightly. 

She stiffened, "I'm sorry ... what did you call me?"