Part 12

Marinette POV:

"How is your project going?" I asked Alya as the two of us listened to Havana in my room.

"Pretty good. Nino and I are almost done. We both agree this is the strangest project yet," Alya laid on my bed, reading an article.

"Tell me about. Working with Adrien is so awkward. We've barely gotten anything done because he keeps asking me questions," I sighed, painting my nails.

"Invite him over to finish it. I got to go. Babysitting," Alya stood up, "Good luck."

"Thanks," I laughed as she left my roof.

I grabbed my phone and texted Adrien. I went to my desk and opened my notebook, looking at what I had written on my own.

It was about a peasant falling hard for the prince but he never noticed her feelings. She tries her hardest to capture his attention but her attempts always fail. She's always casted into the shadows. The process from the neighboring kingdom only makes things worse. The prince never notices her and she dies of a broken heart.

Stupid, what if he connects the pieces? What if he realizes I'm writing about us?

I closed the notebook and pushed it aside.

"What are you working on?" Adrien said from behind me.

I turned around and faced him, "Nothing important. So for the story, I was thinking about a girl falling for the school's bad boy and it so happens he's always had a thing for her."

"That's a little cliche, don't you think?" He sat on my chaise.

"Well yeah but who cares? I love cliche," I smiled.

"Ah a new fact. Mari loves cliche endings," He grinned.

"Only because I'll never have my cliche ending," I sighed.

"I'm intrigued," He leaned in, "Tell me more."

"No. We have to focus on this project. I don't want to fail."

"Okay. But, we're coming back to this."

"For some reason, I don't doubt that."