Scene 5 - Sentence

We see the disgruntled and stern-looking Vanessa standing behind a desk with a grey dim wall. She is being trailed for her act of opening an entrance for a Xenomorph into the prison. The set is designed similarly to that at the trial of Ripley's case at the start of the second film. The interrogator is situated on the other side of the room with important documents and paperwork. Other official members sit around the side of the interrogator. Important witnesses such as Margret and the Superior Official are present; both looking disappointed and angrily at Ripley.

Interrogator:

You have caused us a great deal of trouble, Ms. Pur. You have cost the company a great deal of unnecessary haste, repairs, investment, and the death of one of our soldiers.

Vanessa:

If you might give me a chance of what I have to say this whole inquiry wouldn't be such a farce.

We are revealed to the whole room and everyone in it.

Interrogator:

The accused may have no opportunity in speaking in her defence. Your evidence is meaningless. We need something tangible. In black and white. Something that we can access by hook or by crook. Not only are we disgusted at the actions you have caused, but you offer a case study so that the jury can throw the book at you!

Vanessa:

What evidence can I offer? Why would I let in one of those monsters for it to kill us all?

Interrogator:

Well for whatever reason, you are going to pay for it.

Vanessa:

This is despicable! All I was curious about something outside. Shouldn't you be looking into where the Xenomorphs came from to Cy Lunar Base 4?

Interrogator:

We are currently looking into that. The full account of the case will be disclosed when all the evidence has all been concluded.

Vanessa:

Then you might get it done sooner if you hadn't of put me on trial and waste the company time and money.

Interrogator:

For your information, Ms. Pur, there are no more Xenomorphs on the planet. A survey team tracked base to their nest and found only the remains of the prisoners they victimised from the prison. But all of what I am telling you is utterly pointless. Where you'll be going, the information will be of no value in helping you. Is there anything you have further to say before sentence is passed?

Vanessa:

Yes! I have a very great deal yet to say! Witnesses! You can find out my bio and what I do at the company. Why would I have any reason to open that airlock for a Xenomorph to come in and kill us? Margret? Tell them what we were doing before the invasion took place!

Interrogator:

The witnesses have already given their statements. If you have no further objections, it is my duty to inform you that you will be confined to the Blea Carrock 5 correction centre, where you will remain in confinement for the remainder of your life.

Vanessa's face drops. The Interrogator has finished the case and ignores Vanessa.

Vanessa:

That is impossible. You can't do that.

Interrogator:

I have full authority to do so.

Vanessa:

You know what you are doing? That's the place for criminals and convicts.

Interrogator:

The prisoner will be taken to the correction centre immediately. And will leave on the next available shipment.

Vanessa:

But it's suicide there!

She tries to head around to the Interrogator, but Vanessa is blocked by stocky guards restraining her. The Investigator begins packing the documents away.

You're not using me in your pawn to trade with the company's oils and riches! That place is hell!

She is dragged away by the guards. The other members in the room begin to get up and leave.

Superior Officer:

Well. At least she still owes the company a means of work in some shape. The more prisoners they get at Blea Carrock, the more trade they give us.

Margret:

That will serve her right for talking bad about the company. And causing the company a heavy fine to repay.

Superior Officer:

I think she got lucky.

Interrogator:

Lucky? She'd wish she was dead...