Scene 16 - Left To Die

Guards charge past Vanessa and her friends ready to tackle the machine and destroy it.

Dr. Az:

Those guards are useless against the Droton.

Guard 1:

We gotta try something!

Dr. Az:

Well what can we do?

Vanessa:

Get to that Grody and make him listen to us.

Guard 1:

Your opinions are only tolerated because they're the best things to do.

We see Xenomorphs bursting through the airlocks and navigating through corridors to begin swarming across the prison planet. Some escapee guards dash away towards the cargo ship thinking it is their way out to safety. Indigo and the guard who helped her rush through to Grody's office.

Grody:

What is it now?

Guard 2:

We activated the charges on the cargo ship, sir. Just as you instructed.

Indigo:

Does that mean I can get my freedom as you said, sir?

Grody laughs to himself.

Grody:

Why you lousy runt. What makes you think you'd trust the words of Garman Grody?

We see Xenomorphs clambering around the spaceship the guards make for. This is discovered by other guards who report to Grody.

Guard 5:

Mr Grody, some of the guards are escaping in the cargo ship.

Grody:

What? That is your... I mean, our only means of escape. That ship is charged with Xherphon 90. If it leaves the atmosphere, it will blow itself up! Why did you put those charges onto the cargo ship you bastard! You all go out there and fight these things! All of you! Get out of my sight! NOW!

They then all leave the room. His room is sealed, and deadlocked from the inside by Grody. The man selects a switch at the side of his desk. A sliding door behind him opens to an escape hatch of a ship.

My escape pod is still secured.

We see more Xenomorphs breaking into the ship. This then cuts to others who begin hunting after the humans. The guards shoot to kill, but some guards are taken by surprise and are eaten alive by the aliens. The section of guards that has come to destroy the Droton meet at the last deadlock section the machine hasn't got to yet. They all arm their weapons and nervously remain courageous in fighting the war machine. Their fingers remain trigger happy. Finally, the Droton Exterminator arrives. BANG! CRASH! KABOOM! The soldiers open fire. DDDDZZZZZZ!!! Bullets ricochet from the robot, and it charges at them! The men fall back but many are shredded or sucked into the torso to have their guts ripped to fibres. Vanessa and the others hear the machine and the men's agonising screams down the passages. They realise they must keep going to Grody's office. A Xenomorph suddenly runs into their passage in front of them. The guard shoots it dead. The cargo ship then blasts up with the chute still attached to the base. KABOOM! It snaps off with people inside it! They are crushed by the toppling rubble. Some of the Xenomorphs around the ship have been roasted from the ship's engines. It then begins blasting upwards into the sky with Xenomorphs aboard...