Scene 17 - Now Isn't That A Shame

Grody in his office tries to contact the ship leaving the planet's atmosphere. He gets in contact on his radio.

Grody:

This is Grody! Do you hear my message?

The craft has now begun to leave the atmosphere, we see it blasting up into the sky. This then cuts back to Grody in his office. The voice of whoever is piloting the craft is heard on his radio.

You realise you have charges of Xherephon 90 on the hull of your spacecraft?

Pilot:

What? But we've already left the atmosphere of Blea Carrock 5. We should all be dead.

Grody:

Then maybe whoever set those charges didn't set it right. Now isn't that a shame for poor Indigo.

Pilot:

What are you talking about?

Grody:

Listen to my instructions carefully. Return the craft onto the ground and help get everyone out from the base.

Pilot:

But it's suicide going back there!

Grody:

Do as I say or my friends in the company will have you executed for cowardice!

The ship then begins pivoting back around towards the prison again. Indigo is taken back in by the guards. The escape hatch is sealed so it is not seen.

It seems as though you failed in my instructions in setting the charges on the cargo ship. And so, unfortunately, the chances of your freedom are now ended.

Indigo:

But you said not to trust your word anyway.

Grody:

I did. And just as well. It is the only means of escape for you at this rate. Now you get out there and fight to save yourselves.

The prisoners run from the attacking Xenomorphs. James and Etienne have the creatures catch up with them, and have their guts eaten by the creatures. Josh, Elliot, and Alastair quickly hurry away again so as not to get eaten by the monsters. James and Etienne scream and howl as the monsters eat them up. More guards try to stop the indestructible Droton killing machine, but they too are shredded, grinded, and pumped into the cyborg. Vanessa and the others reach Grody's office. More Xenomorphs around them attack! They are shot dead by the guards. Vanessa bangs on the sealed entrance at Grody's.

Vanessa:

GRODY! LET US IN! LET US IN!

The creatures, along the ceiling, and on the ground are all killed. Indigo hurries to them, joining their party.

Indigo!

Indigo:

Vanessa. You alright?

Vanessa:

As well as can be expected.

Indigo:

Why are there Xenomorphs here?

Vanessa:

Turns out there was a dormant colony about. Until they were awoken by having their brains dug out of their skulls and used to create a war machine.

Indigo:

So now they come back with a vengeance?

Josh, Elliot, and Alastair run in tired.

Elliot:

You!

Vanessa:

You're all still alive?

The Guard bangs onto the sealed entrance.

Guard 1:

GRODY! GRODY! LET US IN!

He shoots at the door, but bullets have no effect on it. Inside, Grody decides to leave them outside to die. He contacts the ship again.

Grody:

What's taking you guys so long? Don't you know how to fly your own ships?

Pilot:

We are doing our best, Mr Grody. But in our present circumstances, we have a lot of extra weight on board by the tons of people on here. On top of the cargo itself, we... AAARRGGGHHH!!!!

We hear the man's scream, followed by the roaring of the Xenomorphs.

Grody:

Hello? Hello?

The craft descending down goes out of control. It then pivots straight down towards the surface of the planet, shaking erratically. A wing directly hits the charges of Xherephon 90. It crashes onto the surface of the planet! CRASH! POW! BANG! BOOM! KABOOM! KABOOM! KABANG! KAPOW! KABOOM! KABOOM! KAROAR! KAROAR! KAROAR! The mines collapse in on themselves. Most of the complex is blown up in the process. Debris flies and walls cave in! Fire burns aliens and guards alike. People are either killed in the inferno, the collapse of the walls and roofs, sucked into the vacuum of space or crushed by heavy weights. Grody knocks his head onto his desk, knocking him unconscious for a few seconds. Outside, debris topples from the roof and kills the guards and Dr. Az. The other survivors realise their position. The hatch to their left caved in with rubble, is broken aside as the Droton Exterminator bursts through it, breaking the wall and the metal to pieces. It stomps towards them! Vanessa grabs the gun of the dead guard and fires at it but it has no effect! It makes for Alastair first!